Legacy- 2016 Deer Season

Legacy

Great night in the freshly cut corn. Blew a chance at a stud 8pt. He was scent checking and bumping does in the field. Gave him one good grunt and he came right to me. Unfortunately it was to my right side and downwind side. Never got a chance to get a shot off and he was 22 yards!!! He slowly made his way off the field. And ten minutes later does began to pour in to the field. He returns to the field and passes my stand at 50 yards. He scent checks the two nearest does (both doe fawns) and then enjoys eating corn for the next 25 minutes 50-65 yards from me. 

Im at home with my wife and our baby..... We just had a little one on the 1st.... All this banter and pics are making me claw the ceiling. Hope to get out Friday for a bit. Unfortunately I will not have the opportunity to be too choosey this season. Lucky if it has horns:/. You guys sure get on some slammers. This is a very enjoyable, educational and motivating thread. Shoot straight and kill quickly. Good luck to all.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

hahaha, I feel your pain! Did that last year. Congrats on the new addition!!

Great deer everyone! Got back from Illinois with no kills and an itchy finger. Going out in the morning. I had a blast in Illinois and had some giants in range or in sight. Outfitter was semi guided. I will be back next year. Had a blast! They treated us as family. Anyway, time to fill tags!! Goodluck all!!

Im at home with my wife and our baby..... We just had a little one on the 1st.... All this banter and pics are making me claw the ceiling. Hope to get out Friday for a bit. Unfortunately I will not have the opportunity to be too choosey this season. Lucky if it has horns:/. You guys sure get on some slammers. This is a very enjoyable, educational and motivating thread. Shoot straight and kill quickly. Good luck to all.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

I know what your going through, had twin girls February 18, 2005, seems like yesterday, but I didn't get to hunt that year, because my wife pretty much couldn't fend for herself. Once this is over you will not regret missing this hunting season and will feel some sort of guilt towards yourself for even feeling this way. I know I did and after the girls were born it really put weight on my shoulders, and a unbelievable amount of guilt of being selfish, how could I even be so selfish when these two little precious girls came into our lives. For a couple of years when they were younger I hunted, fished, now they are getting to that age where their playing sports, now this really puts the squeeze to my fishing time. They both play softball, it will be their 4th year. Last year they won their league championship, they won all their tournaments!! There is no fish in the world that gave me the excitement these girls gave me as a proud parent, one has a Medal of Honor and 3 trophies and the other got three trophies also. Now next year they want to fish more and are pumping mom to go hunting, so this will be my time to share what I know and keep them both interested in the outdoors. You will be a great dad as you already are. Hang in there and God will reward you in ways only you will know!! Congrats, to you and your new edition to the family. Your friend PaP {Mike} Edited by pap

Well this a.m was hot for me. had a fawn and doe go by in a early morning. And around 10am they came back. They circled down wind of me checking the wind (they knew I was there) . I was sitting there as they were behind me 20 yards. Didn't see anything behind them so I stayed seated. Now as they are behind me I hear a grunt so I turn back a the buck is standing with the doe and fawn.... don't know how but he's right there . I stood up and turned (got the new xbow) put it on him and let it rip. He went 80 yards and fell over.

He's not the biggest but now I can do what I love to do duck hunt. attachicon.gif20161108_095525.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

That's a very respectable buck LongSpurs, congrats to you!! Man those NY state deer have big bodies on them!!