Legacy- 2016 Deer Season

Legacy

And the big bucks (Q: who has big bucks and doesn't pay taxes) are running around and grunting like crazy...

Making funny. No offense to anyone. Really. I'm the most unoffensive guy in the world.

Nobody's more unoffensive than me.

Edited by Gator

Your a good man Gator!! Don't sweat the small stuff. I enjoy reading your posts, you always find the good in ones post no matter what the subject is!! Just every once in a while your very educated mind, leaves me in the dust with some of your terminology, but with my wife's help, masters degree + 36 damn near finished with her Doctorate in Special Education, she can help me with my hands on educated mind. There are others on here that lose me also, but it's not that difficult to do. LOL!!

Well I sat until 10:30 this morning and pulled a card when I left. I went home and brewed a pot of coffee and sat down to look at pics only to see that my target buck, a big old bruiser, snuck behind me Monday at 4:00. It was so calm that day and I didn't even hear him 100 yds away. Makes me sick!!! The good news is he came back early this morning down same trail along with 5 other bucks following does. Another was a wide 8 that I would have a hard time passing. Needless to say, after filling the thermos and making a sandwich, I'm back in the stand until dark.post-149813-14787138984439_thumb.jpg

This buck has to be 6 or 7 years old

Just had "Ocho" the big 8 at 30 yards! Was with a doe when I was waking in. Had to sneak slow and climb in my stand hoping they were in the thick stuff where they couldn't see me. As soon as it the stand there he us at 40 yards rubbing a tree! I waited it out till I couldn't see him anymore and through 2 grunts at him. Within seconds he's walking right to me but holds up at 30 yards. Just stood there trying to find the deer who made the grunts. Then he turned away and I through another grunt at him and snort weezed, and the rest is history, off they ran out of my life in the thick stuff! Enough to make a grown man cry! A giant 8 pt!

I think I need deer with names... or maybe they have names but i just don't know what they are. Hmmmmmmm... the big 8 from last night's sit should be named lucky. Lucky I blew that chance!

Back in the same stand that I hunted last night and had the encounter with a big 8. I hunted here this morning also in the wind and rain and saw him again. Scent checking does in the field. I've seen four other bucks here too but all of them have been first year racks. Just had one come through ten minutes ago.

At the request of the landowner I took this buck the other morning. He called him "scrub". He was limping around on three legs with a fresh wound to his front leg almost to the bone. Felt pretty bad for him. Gave me a 25 yard quartering away shot. He will eat well. post-144505-14787261057867_thumb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Edited by bout time

Thanks Reel and Thank you for the kind words Pap.

Pap nailed it. You won't regret the time you spent with that child. My wife had our second child this spring and it put a cramp in my walleye fishing. It is worth it though.

Edited by reeleyz

First few doe are in estrus big boys locked down for 48hrs. Next round all heck will break loose. Chasing will peak Friday thru mid next week depending on weather. On average a mature buck will only breed 3-5 doe max and most doe have fawns with different fathers. The big boys take the girls to their secret hole away from the rest of the herd.