Legacy- 2016 Deer Season

Legacy

Pap nailed it. You won't regret the time you spent with that child. My wife had our second child this spring and it put a cramp in my walleye fishing. It is worth it though.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Your all welcome!! Just been there done that type of thing, it's all good!!

Perfect conditions this morning and the deer are on their feet. Does, fawns, and three bucks before 7 am. Got a glimpse of a shooter in the dark. Couldn't tell much except for he looked outside the ears.

Get those decoys out had bruiser come in from 100 yards too 32 w just 2 calls from the can first time trying to draw back bow felt like 180 lbs calmed down a lil went to draw againe n yearling that was feeding in feild either saw movement or didn't like buck n ran off 50 yards ended up making buck trott off 20 more yards further from me ended up watching him feed n walk away to standing corn all happened last 30 min light only saw the 3 antlerless come into feild then 10 min later he came into feild 80 yards from where they did

Sent from my SM-G930V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Last hour has been crazy. 5 small bucks grunting and chasing everything that moves. Feeling sorry for these does today. They are cutting the corn in field and the combine seems to be attracting them.

Did a bunch of babysitting this morning, covered up with fawns. 2 ND rack bucks also, unbelievable year for the two year Olds have never seen so many! Just got settled back in for the afternoon, a touch of wind would be nice. These 30 mph gusts are just little light.

This morning was easily one of the best mornings I have ever had in the deer woods. It started with a deer busting me getting into my stand in the dark (i was in before 6). Deer blew for at least 2 minutes straight. I figured my day way over but I was mistaken. Over 30 deer sightings w/ 8-10 different bucks. The woods was filled with noises of grunting, chasing, and harassing.  Every doe and doe fawn around was harassed by cruising bucks. I started to feel bad for the does. one shooter (too dark to really tell but looked outside the ears), 2.5 year old 6 pt, and the rest were every antler configuration you could imagine on a 1.5 year old. 

Absolutely zero rut action in 9A. I have 41 hrs in various stands since Saturday and saw one 3.5 yr old cruising the beans and one doe shortly after on Monday morning. Decent action at night, according to cameras but all does are feeding in groups, and bucks just cruising. Last year was on fire, but this year has been horrible. I have a feeling I'll be eating my bow buck tag.