Legacy- 2016 Deer Season

Legacy

Congrats Bondouley, Very nice. Quickest update ever........

Machzrcr    Nice video and congrats on ANOTHER GREAT "Deer Year" you are having. 

Brian,     Great Job. Forever Memory made there. Thanks for sharing.

Everyone else, Thanks for sharing advice AND Humor. Great read and much appreciated

Jerry

RUNNIN REBEL

Edited by RUNNIN REBEL

What's your guys feeling about bucks/deer bedded below your stand, I don't like it so much , had a 4 ptr. Screw things up with a shooter a few years ago, and I think that they me pick up my movement when I do need to shoot

I'm not liking that... he's like the commercial

I'm not a security guard or alarm , I'm just a security monitor for hunter in the woods.

There's a hunter in the woods.... Really close!

Sent from my SM-N900P using Lake Ontario United mobile app

The action started around 7:30 when I saw a monster 150 plus 10 pt chasing a doe out in front of me in the standing corn. He was literally jumping over the corn to look for the doe. She gave him the slip and headed south and he went north. I thought to myself that he will be back looking for her. I put the crossbow back on the hook and sat down. It wasn't 10 or 15 mins later I heard a grunt come from behind me. I looked and saw a nice I thought 8pt (ended up being 10 pts) working his way down the edge of the thicket to me. At about 50 yrds he cut out about 5 yrds to the edge of the corn and kept coming. He got almost to me around 25 yrds and acted like he was going into the corn. I mouth grunted at him and he turn and looked at me so I smashed him through the arm pit. He ran about 30 yrds and stood there leaking out of the arrow hole then fell over dead. I have to admit before he went broad side and showed me how big his body was I thought about passing him to wait for the bigger buck. Then when he went broadside I saw the length of his nose and the size of his body I decided he was 3.5 so the rest is history. post-152176-14789725999379_thumb.jpgpost-152176-1478972613604_thumb.jpgpost-152176-14789726335226_thumb.jpgpost-152176-14789726675685_thumb.jpgpost-152176-14789726815239_thumb.jpgpost-152176-14789726890796_thumb.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Nice buck!

Brian should have been hunting the stand I was in this morning, as I had three shooters walk past and I'm tagged out. He had one in front of him prior to good shooting light. No doe on the property today; I think all the buck cruising blew them off. We looked at the gut pile from his doe last night and the heart and lung were already gone. I have at least one coyote on camera near the ground blind he and his son hunted...I'd love to get a shot at that!

I've got to say, kudos to Brian's son. He sat for a couple of hours not seeing anything, but stuck it out and scored! The kid was flying high last night, had to help us track the deer (only went 50 yards), drag the deer out, just unreal how into it he was. I think it was probably more fun watching him than I've had in years in the woods. It makes me understand the passion of passing on the legacy. I wish my daughter was into it...

Back at it with Hambley this afternoon. I'd love to shoot another doe...graduate students need to eat too...but you can't beat being in the woods during the rut!