Legacy- 2016 Deer Season

Legacy

Had to share. The validity of this is being checked on now by the newspaper.

This huge non-typical buck was unfortunately killed Sunday Nov. 13, 2016 in Manlius, NY on route 173 by a car. It has yet to be scored.

attachicon.gifIMG_1479255233.164828.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

That deer was hit like 5 mi from my house[emoji22] Unfortunate end for such a magnificent whitetail.

Edited by EsoxAC3

There was MAYHAM around here for 3 seasons as guys were seeing the bucks like pictured, unfortunately it came out that 3 to 5 of those penned in deer the owner said they went nuts and broke down the fence, so now the Blue Mountain could have a record holding deer, someone shot a smaller one and of course the record holder got hit on Rt 33 by the Sciota area. Reall bummer, but with the ADK'S who knows, I say Man raised buck that fled the area he was in. Either way sucks it got hit buy a car!!

Pretty quiet morning. I have only seen a four point so far. Weather wise it is another perfect day to be in the stand. Wind is the complete opposite of what is forecasted. NE instead of SW

Sent from my XT1585 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Do you ever wind map your properties in the off season using talc powder or bubbles? Many times I'll have complete opposite wind directions from ridges, tree deflections, hills causing vacuums, etc, etc. It was quite an eye opener for me after doing this but it gave me more confidence sitting in certain stands

Chris

Do you ever wind map your properties in the off season using talc powder or bubbles? Many times I'll have complete opposite wind directions from ridges, tree deflections, hills causing vacuums, etc, etc. It was quite an eye opener for me after doing this but it gave me more confidence sitting in certain stands

Chris

Our camp on the tug is a nightmare for wind..... It can change to seemingly all 4 directions on a given hunt and it loves to vortex or swirl. The wind is soo unpredictable. I will give the mapping a try. I always assumed the erratic wind was from terrain, elevation, and temp changes between lower and higher ground. But this is speculation..... Regardless, it makes hunting any stand with confidence difficult.

Do you ever wind map your properties in the off season using talc powder or bubbles? Many times I'll have complete opposite wind directions from ridges, tree deflections, hills causing vacuums, etc, etc. It was quite an eye opener for me after doing this but it gave me more confidence sitting in certain stands

Chris

I haven't. But I've have hunted here long enough to know how this woods reacts to certain winds. This stand is set for SW wind but any south wind is virtually the same.

Sent from my XT1585 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Another Niagara county giant hit the ground. Helped friend Jonny find his buck. He shot it at 9:00 this morning. That's almost 350" of antler between two of my friends bucks, maybe 8 miles apart

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByLake Ontario United1479327386.768381.jpg

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByLake Ontario United1479327410.609997.jpg

That's awesome King! Thanks for sharing..and Congrats to all who have scored! And Matt (Jakey Baby), you know you always get a hog. It will happen sooner or later!

Another Niagara county giant hit the ground. Helped friend Jonny find his buck. He shot it at 9:00 this morning. That's almost 350" of antler between two of my friends bucks, maybe 8 miles apart

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByLake Ontario United1479327386.768381.jpg

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByLake Ontario United1479327410.609997.jpg

Holy chit man, that's a rockin chair, well maybe that other is a home grown buck. You guys certainly have some kick ass hunting in your neck of the woods! Congrats the Slammin!!!