Legacy- 2016 Deer Season

Legacy

So this 8pt has shown himself 5 times in the past two weeks to this camera. The corn was cut 4 days ago and he has shown up two of those nights (but in the dark) presumably to check scent check does in the field.

I'm hunting here in 8s, if you can call sitting in camp looking out the window 's hunting. My nephew is hunting with me this year, got his first deer ever, a doe on Saturday. He is out there in a tree right now. The exuberance of youth. We may,however, be here till spring. Had to bust through a few drifts to get here. If it were just me I'd still be in bed!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Called work and told them I'm coming in! I'm done getting beat up with zero action! Save the vacation day for one with a little better conditions!

C'mon, I Can't believe the deer didn't want to move in 50mph gust. I quit at 8 yesterday. Only deer I saw was spooked by the weather. It was completely a waste of time for the rest of the day.

Lake Ontario salmon fishing charters

OMG, Legacy, that's enough to make a man cry!! If only you were set up to shoot the lane between the corn and fence row. To all the guys out there battling Mother Nature today I don't even know what to say?? Other than you better have a good heater in rolling tree stand, on days like this I resort to my tree stand made by Ford LOL. I know there are first time young hunters out there, I remember well, it was so foggy you couldn't even drive to our stand, it was raining like hell and we had 6" of snow on the ground during the night it went to 40-50 degrees you couldn't see shyt, just the opposite of what you guys have going on today. Being Mr. Tough guy I went come hell or high water, 2hrs later I was scared the fog got worse, now it's pouring cats and dogs. I built a lean to out of small trees and branches and put a thick layer of hemlock branches over my shelter and just stayed put. I remember my dad saying if I ever got lost just stay in the area where I was going. There weren't cell phones in 1975, soon the wind started to blow and the fog got a little better enough for me to figure out where in the hell I was and I walked home. To the young guys, we as now are parents understand how you feel, just be careful, there's no deer worth frostbite or being scared because your lost or freezing!!

Great Deer, Congrats

Addison NY..............Time for one more "Last Lap"......If still around...my old hunting grounds-Thurston/Cameron/Howard.

Jerry

RUNNIN REBEL

Edited by RUNNIN REBEL

My step dad's nephew shot this buck on our joint property in 8P this morning!  Same property that i shot my buck on Saturday.  I'm trying to get more details on it, and will post more about it when i hear back from him.

attachicon.gifIMG950112.jpg

My god man, every buck gets bigger, that is a once in a life time buck. "Maybe" it seems every time you turn around another monster get his photo taken!! Congrats man you deserve that guy!!

Great Deer, Congrats

Addison NY..............Time for one more "Last Lap"......If still around...my old hunting grounds-Thurston/Cameron/Howard.

Jerry

RUNNIN REBEL

8T is good hunting..... I shot my first deer and first buck in cameron. Have been hunting down there for 23 years. A lot of good memories.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United