Legacy- 2016 Deer Season

Legacy

Used to grouse hunt Cameron State Forest growing up. Great country!!

Being out every day in this crap is wearing me down. With my friend here from Boston, we've been pushing each other hard. We're seeing some deer, but not much movement. Today's another day and tomorrow looks great!

This morning, the wind continues its wrath. 23 mph w/ 30+ gusts but I guess it is improving. Maybe give it a shot this afternoon and sit on food. Looks like the wind will finally be quitting overnight tonight. So should be back at it again soon. Hate watching from the sidelines.

Wind isn't bad at all! Died right off for the most part. Gusts here and there. 2 deer doing 100 mph that appeared to be being chased by a yote is all I've seen so far. 2 far shots is all that I've heard. Looking for the BIG 8!

Wind picked up here as soon as it got light. I saw 2 does stand up from where they were bedded mill around for about 2 minutes and bed back down. Hopefully it improves by tonight because I have to drive to lake George for thanksgiving tomorrow afternoon.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Haha i've only lived in Addison for 4 years now, but i have never been to the Last Lap.

The story behind that 12 point was that they were getting ready to put on a drive down over the hill.  He was one of the walkers and started out in the field on top with the wind blowing right in his face.  He stepped into the edge of the woods to start the drive and looked down over the ridge and saw the 12 point bedded down with a 4 point.  With the wind blowing right in his face, the bucks had no idea he was there, and he made an easy 40 yard shot.  Here is another picture after harvest, and one of the trail camera pictures they had of him earlier in the year.

post-143216-0-70418400-1479820314_thumb.jpg

post-143216-0-39202200-1479820327_thumb.jpg

Still hunting Saturday morning in 7j I came across this one following tracks. The old smoke stick got the job done.[/quote

Awesome buck there skipjack, that's one to be proud of for sure, you guys sure have great hunting ethics up there. There's no way in hell most of the deer shot on this form are less than 2 1/2-3 years + in age at age 3 the bucks really put on mass and width, I have to hand it to all the Ny hunters this is awesome!! The politics sure do suck, but you as sportsman sure do shine through despite being taxed to death, as a side thought this may be your vent!! To show your government you can't beat us into the ground!!!

Edited by pap

The last lap was less than 5 minutes from my house (growing up) but I only went there once before it was a juice bar and I never finished my beer.  It was much more fun and the girls were as fun as they come at the Ritz.  It always seemed like a party.

I am glad to see you guys are getting some nice deer.  I shot every deer I saw this weekend and I also let every deer I saw this weekend get a pass.  Coincidentally, my wife said I had a little bit of an attitude.  I will be ok.

Sean, you should head up to the 6th floor of FR building and check out the bucks chasing outback.  It is the only action I have seen is at work - haha - the ultimate deer sanctuary.

Sean, you should head up to the 6th floor of FR building and check out the bucks chasing outback.  It is the only action I have seen is at work - haha - the ultimate deer sanctuary.

Joe - I'll have to stop up and check it out!  I've seen a real nice 10 point on my way up the hill twice in the last two weeks now, and a big 8 chasing a doe as well.  They are smart animals, they know where they are safe.. 

Big 10 pt is dead .Neighbor got him yesterday afternoon. I'm on a bad run of luck I can't catch a break.Think it's time for me to punt on this season

Congrats to him he's a good guy happy for him

2d01chc.jpg

Damn that sucks!! You and me both bud. Big guys dropping left and right around here, and I'm struggling big time. I've only laid eyes on one shooter while on stand. What a difference a year makes. I still hunted into the sanctuary yesterday afternoon and walked up on 3 does feeding away. No bucks in tow. Had them all inside of 20 yds but I have my mind set on Mr Big.

im sitting at my desk looking outside just wishing i was out there instead of in this warehouse.  First time i have ever worked the Wenesday before thanksgiving and of course the conditions are perfect.   Good luck to those that are out shoot straight   i will be back in a tree this afternoon through Sunday afternoon

im sitting at my desk looking outside just wishing i was out there instead of in this warehouse.  First time i have ever worked the Wenesday before thanksgiving and of course the conditions are perfect.   Good luck to those that are out shoot straight   i will be back in a tree this afternoon through Sunday afternoon

I feel your pain Dave.  I'm here the next three days...........