Legacy- 2016 Deer Season

Legacy

That's an amazingly fast turnaround! I'm having friends of ours do mine (I pay them), they did my last one and it turned out great.

Here's a question: how do you guys hang your European mounts? I mounted two screws in the wall positioned where the main beams bend forward and countersunk a hole in the back of each antler. The screws protrude from the wall 3/4" and the mount simply hangs from them. It's flush with the wall and doesn't risk damaging the delicate bone structures, but the downside is that there is a hole in the back of each antler. It's not visible when mounted and the angle of the head on the mantle is perfect, but still...there's two holes in the rack now. I'm sure there's a better way.

european%20mount_zpscqn0vaxu.jpg

Edited by Gator

That's an amazingly fast turnaround! I'm having friends of ours do mine (I pay them), they did my last one and it turned out great.

Here's a question: how do you guys hang your European mounts? I mounted two screws in the wall positioned where the main beams bend forward and countersunk a hole in the back of each antler. The screws protrude from the wall 3/4" and the mount simply hangs from them. It's flush with the wall and doesn't risk damaging the delicate bone structures, but the downside is that there is a hole in the back of each antler. It's not visible when mounted and the angle of the head on the mantle is perfect, but still...there's two holes in the rack now. I'm sure there's a better way.

european%20mount_zpscqn0vaxu.jpg

Keith, Nice display there! I use these and they mimic a shoulder mount basically for Euro pieces. I'll throw up another pic later, its early! Andy

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Skull-Hooker-European-Skull-Mounting-Brackets/909782.uts?productVariantId=3340518&WT.tsrc=PPC&WT.mc_id=GoogleProductAds&WT.z_mc_id1=03586082&rid=20&gclid=CNKe77yjwdACFQ0yaQodAywFgw&gclsrc=aw.ds

Euro%201_zpsixqnkhb9.jpg

Euro%202_zpsjzwqnvm7.jpg

Here's a few older ones I put up in the garage when trying it out. I have yet to mount my collection of Euros in the house. Stained one is older rough work. The model in the pics is the Little Hooker.

Edited by Tank

Good to be back in the woods. Not a ton of action but the right kind of action. had a breeding party come through the woods. Stud 10 point on the tail of a doe with a couple of little bucks in tow. Of course they stayed in the thick stuff. Big buck snorted wheezed and chased a small buck off. Grabbed the grunt and did a series of tending grunts. Had a wide racked short time ten point come in from behind me and was gone in a heartbeat. Never had a good shot. It happened fast and with the wet ground, he was dead quiet. Didn't notice him until he was 20 yards from me.

Sent from my XT1585 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Wow is dead dead no movement and not a single shot fired this morning

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Quiet here too. Two shots early to the east. Zero movement. You'll see them before you here them today. Woods is wet and quiet.

Sent from my XT1585 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Is it raining up there also? I hate it when it rains, have to rely on sight!! Many times they have sneaked right behind me, I just caught a flick of a tail or ear.

Edited by pap