Legacy- 2016 Deer Season

Legacy

You know him too? I have story after story. Some years back I have my daughter in a 2 man ladder stand with me 100 yards inside the property line. Stands been there for years. He walks up at first light on the line and lets off 3 shotgun rounds just to mess up our hunt.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

I felt lucky just to walk up on a yearling on the way in yesterday, that's how bad the season's gotten. A buddy of mine who hunted Gaines further west had bucks running doe and saw two separate eight pointers. I'm heading to a different property this evening that hopefully changes things for me. Good luck out there today. It looks like the best day of the week so far.

Omg yes!

Lake Ontario salmon fishing charters

Same story. I hunt the east bordering property. A couple years ago, he walked through his lanes randomly shooting opening day archery. When I confronted him, he said he was hunting "rabbits" Too bad rabbit season didn't start until the 20th. I should have called the DEC. I have other stories about this guy that I will not share on this forum. This guy is a real loser

Back in the spot where I killed my buck last year on this day. Turnips, winter weat, and oats in this plot and it's the biggest plot we have. Should start shooting these damn deer that comes from the neighbors property then leaves when they are done eating. Plots have been completely devoured !

I've been a lurker on this thread for the last two years and I've got to say it would be a pleasure to spend time in the woods with any of you. This thread has been very informative and has taught me the patience to be able select what I would like to harvest even with the very limited time I have been able to spend in the woods over the last 4 years. It finally paid off last night and thought I would share a picture.

post-147353-0-10074000-1480292236_thumb.png

post-147353-0-85786300-1480292400_thumb.png

I've been a lurker on this thread for the last two years and I've got to say it would be a pleasure to spend time in the woods with any of you. This thread has been very informative and has taught me the patience to be able select what I would like to harvest even with the very limited time I have been able to spend in the woods over the last 4 years. It finally paid off last night and thought I would share a picture.

Damn guy that's a nice opening thread!! Excellent looking background, I haven't hunted in snow since I shot one of the biggest 8 point with the flintlock, that background reminded me of that night. Needless to say the Crown Royal was flowing that night!! Congrats my friend, you deserve that deer.