Legacy- 2016 Deer Season

Legacy

If u stop breathing there goes 90 percent of your sent. Love when people talk about scent .. and never talk about the 90 percent that matters.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Exactly right!...my buddy used to get all negative about me carrying a pocket full of peanuts in the shell. He said "what's that for?...a way to find your trail going out if you get lost?..you know, follow the trail of shells! LOL!

No, it's for curbing my appetite, BUT, it also puts peanut smell in your breath and deer like peanuts!... you, however, eat jerky! You smell like a meat eater predator!

He said cracking peanuts is gonna scare the deer!

No...again...the squirrels crack acorns all the time. The cracking sounds, maybe, raises curiosity on deer nearby that I don't even see!

Successful on many days..he eats peanuts now.

Also knew where I was standing on my hunts...oops! 😆

Mark

Sent from my SM-N900P using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Worse! U at least can always go for chickens or run off shore. This crap you are stuck and there is nothing you can do about it! If I sat in my boat as much as I do a tree and didn't see $h!t in the screen and didn't catching anything it would all be sold! And for some reason I just keep coming back for more and more of this ! Nuts!

I just had two mini horses followed by a little girl come through the hardwoods where I was planning to ambush the big dog. The girls parents were in the brush and they were all yelling. The horses had gotten loose a few days ago and they were trying to wrangle them up. So I decided to pack up and head to the truck so I could hunt the other side of the property on the edge of the bean field. While I was chatting with the homeowner in her driveway, wouldn't you know, one of the bucks I've been after, a wide, semi tall 10 pt comes blasting out of the brush not 70 yds from us and crosses the road, running across a cut bean field and into the next patch of woods. FML!!! Yet here I am sitting in my stand waiting for nothing to happen. I can't wait for ice!!!

If u stop breathing there goes 90 percent of your sent. Love when people talk about scent .. and never talk about the 90 percent that matters.

good point.

Gargle with some moonshine then expectorate.  I use flouride rinse.  I like the peanut idea but seems like it would be loud cracking shells in the middle of the woods.  Why not spray a little coon pee on your jacket? :)

Being up wind of any animal is difficult.  All the care you take to remove your scent and then you carry transfer scent from something you could not foresee (ex -gun/bow).  I have been successful for relatively short periods of time but it is extremely difficult and takes an enormous amount of prep time - not worth it in my book - just hunt the wind.  I am thinking about using ozone next year to help eliminate bacteria but like I said extremely difficult.

Hunted my camp property located in 8F which is off a dead end road did not see a thing all night long. 1/4 mile down the road on the way home five deer cross the road from my side of the woods. I get to the end of the road there's a big eight and two smaller bucks out in the cut cornfield. That about sums up my gun season so far only time I see them is when I'm in the truckpost-144505-14803717181209_thumb.jpg

'Bout Time

Mike

i shot my biggest buck with coffee in one hand and Marlboro red in the other.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United