Legacy- 2016 Deer Season

Legacy

feeling pretty mad!!! Shot a doe last night with the muzzleloader. After smoked cleared the deer was still standing there looking around so I got reloaded quick and tried to get another shot but it just walked where I couldn't see it. So I was going to go look and got half way there and another deer saw me and ran away and it was pretty open I didn't see a deer laying anywhere. So I figured if I did hit it I must of hit liver being no reaction from deer whatsoever. and didn't wanna jump it so I backed out and came back first thing this morning. Got to looking around and see a deer walking off thru the bottom watched it leave. Then see a glimpse of white move around then disappear then re appear I was that's gotta be a deer so looking at it i see legs so I get the gun on it and see a yote tail and watch it for a minute to see it eating a deer. That #+$-er . I could only see its hind quarters so I let him have it. After smoked cleared saw him hobbling up the hill and go look and find the deer I shot last night literally more than half gone. They ate all the back straps both back legs all guts, lungs heart pretty much everything. So I'm pretty sick about it already left the woods probably won't be out for awhile. Gunna go to bay of quinte for walleye this weekend instead. post-144765-14805137983026_thumb.jpg

And after looking at the shot, how did that deer not freaking act hit. They say when it doubt back out but that bit me good today unfortunately.

Sent from my XT1254 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

An ENCON officer was shot last night investigating deer jacking at 5PM in Columbia County not too far south of me.  Sounds like he will be OK but lucky to be alive.  Some guys were doing a little after hours hunting in a cornfield from the sounds of it.  

lhttp://www.registerstar.com/breaking/article_5702d9d6-b6ac-11e6-bb06-637d81d1c064.html

Edited by slipbob

Hi guys, thanks for all the congrats, litterly got a little chocked up!! Well after getting home, dragging this "stud" LOL. I finished doing a better gut job and I hosed him out I was done!! I went to the dollar general and got 3-30# bags of ice and I poured the chest cavity and the stomach area full, I left the bags whole and the same for the hinde, so at 6:00am I got up to a sore as hell body, by 9:30am I was ready to go, it went hard but 3 t shirts later "sweated" soaked but I got him done at a little after 1:30 today. I have a hook on the ceiling that I put a rope block and the tri-angle thing with angles upward, I needed to get him skun up past the first joint so I could get him off the ground. I did it, and I owe it to you guys to give me the drive and my father in law for helping me in the field. Here some pics. it's hard to work and get pics. As you go but I wanted to show you guys I did it. I've been on a mental high all day, now it's time for a water, used to be beer, but I can't on account of my meds, Thanks you!!! PAP?post-150331-0-65353900-1480534241_thumb.jpgpost-150331-0-85682700-1480534271_thumb.jpgpost-150331-0-42196500-1480534395_thumb.jpgpost-150331-0-92433800-1480534437_thumb.jpgpost-150331-0-50267200-1480534472_thumb.jpgpost-150331-0-77671000-1480534501_thumb.jpg

Sorry some came out upside down, the other pics. Were from other hunts but the last one was the last buck I shot before my brother passed away from cancer, the shyty pic I took doesn't do it any justice, I tried!!!

Edited by pap

A trophy buck can be any size Mike, and I'm very happy for you. We don't all have the same situation and it's all about getting out there with friends and family. I'm for all types of hunting, but there is something special about harvesting game and processing the meat yourself to feed your family...I think it's in my DNA! Way to go!!!!

Justin Okrepki

NYSDEC licensed guide #7324

otiscolakeguideservice.com

(607)-349-1750

attachicon.gifIMG_1480538005.837133.jpg

Too warm, wrong wind, etc etc. looking over a field, hey you never know.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

You never know Billy. I had a beauty buck walk up behind me from down wind this morning. I was on the ground. Better morning for him than me......

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Pap!...you da man! Glad for ya! Great job getting that deer and fixing it up yourself my friend. That's was a great accomplishment when you got to overcome the physical difficulty you carry. That's a great buck and a fine looking rifle! Looks like late 60s or early 70s? Remington woodsman?

Thanks for the story and pics!

Mark

Sent from my SM-N900P using Lake Ontario United mobile app