Legacy- 2016 Deer Season

Legacy

WOW. Now that's a set of horns!! You guys never sees to amaze me!! Just about the time you think it coming to the end, someone else posts an incredible brute of a deer!! Congrats my friend that's a slammer!! I believe in thing like you said, my dad was with his nephew tonight. I'm telling you things happen for a reason. Just like I took my brothers knife along, why I have my own, but he knew I was going to need it, to boost my ass to get out there, your dad was going to put a buck of a life time in front of him so he had to use that gun, and it worked!!

Edited by pap

Remember the pictures of the zombie fox-chicken I posted a few weeks ago? I think we figured out what they are. Thanks to the guys on a habitat board I frequent I can now see the young buck spinning circles and kicking his rear legs in the air. Another guy posted a series of pictures that were very similar, but some of them clear enough to identify the animal. I have no doubt that's what we have here. Mystery solved! Although I preferred the zombie fox-chicken or chupachabra explanation myself...

very%20strange-1_zpstggwijos.jpgvery%20strange2_zps5uwqpoad.jpg

Remember the pictures of the zombie fox-chicken I posted a few weeks ago? I think we figured out what they are. Thanks to the guys on a habitat board I frequent I can now see the young buck spinning circles and kicking his rear legs in the air. Another guy posted a series of pictures that were very similar, but some of them clear enough to identify the animal. I have no doubt that's what we have here. Mystery solved! Although I preferred the zombie fox-chicken or chupachabra explanation myself...

very%20strange-1_zpstggwijos.jpgvery%20strange2_zps5uwqpoad.jpg

Cool! Thanks for posting the follow up!

On a side note - I've yet to find a good game camera in the $60-100 range that has quick low light shutter speed at night. So many of my nocturnal pics are blurry even when deer are simply walking and I've tried dozens of different makes and models of trail cams.

Thanks for solving the mystery.

Chris

OOMAN, i can't show this to my girls they'll be devistated, they think it's two baby Big Foots fighting!! They told me "You know dad NY. is the only state in all America that passed a law you can't shoot a BigFoot" I said oh ya? You know their right!! So in PAP's house it's 2 BigFoots fighting!!! LOL! My 1 daughter said if I could take her to northern Washington till she gets her passport!! O'man I'm gonna have my hands full.!!!,might have to borrow Errabits double barrel 10 guage. LOL. Good luck fella's.

I have been on the sideline for most of the week. Work, my kids basketball schedule, and the weather have all kept me out of the woods. With most of my errands done i am hoping to grind out the next couple of weeks in high hopes. Crazy windy here today, so i am taking the opportunity to move a stand with the hopes the wind helps hide the noise. Right on the edge of the field where the funnel meets thick bedding. The plan is to hunt it in the PM with a North West or West wind. 

In my stand by the pond, haven't sat it since bow season because of trespassers. 3 teenagers on camera, one with a purse, one with a meat cleaver, and one with an ax! Chased people out last Tuesday that were shooting the place up and have found a few gut piles but never caught up to them! Took my orange off once I hit the tree in hopes to get me a trespassing son b!#ch! And who knows maybe a deer!

In my stand by the pond, haven't sat it since bow season because of trespassers. 3 teenagers on camera, one with a purse, one with a meat cleaver, and one with an ax! Chased people out last Tuesday that were shooting the place up and have found a few gut piles but never caught up to them! Took my orange off once I hit the tree in hopes to get me a trespassing son b!#ch! And who knows maybe a deer!

Hope you get both!

Beech trees are very cool. On our property in the tug hill it's one of the few mast producing trees that seem to grow well in the swampy hardpan soil the plateau is well known for. We have a sizable stand of beech that some of the trees must be well over 50-60 years old.... They are beautiful, particularly against a snowy backdrop. When those nuts drop seemingly every nearby animal pays a visit till they are gone. Deer certainly love beech nuts.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

wow. Seriously?

they filming a murder movie?

Sent from my iPad using Lake Ontario United

Where are you hunting Matt? Sounds like white trash alley!

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United