Legacy- 2016 Deer Season

Legacy

Been off LOU for a week, congrats to all that scored deer! Pap, Mike great buck!

I went to my friends place to help him butcher deer we did 21 deer all custom cuts high quality no silver skin picky stuff. The second estrus should be kicking in, wife n I saw a dandy trolling last night. If you find a hot doe now you are in the bucks!

Hey Nautitroller, trolling? By way of the blacktop, or as I call it my rolling tree stand, or by water, either way had did you do!! Yea thanks for the congrats!! Been along time I had to laugh to myself a few times!! I had to think I used to cut the Ahole and bladder out in one step? I was like WTF OOHH Ya now I get it. I used to peel deer off for a butcher up the road by me Delbert Haydt, he was a hell of nice guy & funny. And we did a few of those type of requests, buy a guy I went to school with, he has a restaurant and specializes in different types of animal meats, deer, buffalo mountain goat, that type of thing. He's always busy, he's right on a big money golf course, so Dave isn't ever low on venisonLOL. Take care my man!!

Thanks guys,probrobly should have waited,two small deer ran across the power lines second one stoped and looked back?so got my gun ready and she ran out stopped about 200 yards away,she looked back? Put the cross hairs on her and shot,waited to see if anything was coming behind her but nothing?don't know if it was a buck or coyotes chasing them? Will never know?only deer I saw all week!

Sent from my iPad using Lake Ontario United

Edited by Giz9219

attachicon.gif IMG_1480822647.107813.jpg

Finally connected. Not too much to brag about, but tastes better than tag.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

I don't know if you are in NY or PA, but it just shows how far both states have come. In the early 80s in either state you would've had a steady stream of visitors to look at such a buck. There were so few like that, especially in relation to the doe numbers, that they always had a ready doe and did not have to cover ground or compete with other bucks.

Congrats on a fine buck! Anyone scoring now that will eat the venison is to be proud and is carrying on American heritage. Kudos to all hanging tough at this challenging time of year to see daylight deer. 

Just had a doe train come running by. No shots again damn it!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Lake Ontario United mobile app

That sucks.... It can be real hard to be patient this time of year.

Surprised how much chasing is still going on. Guys i hunted with last night in 6G saw a 6pt and 4pt chasing. My other buddy saw a 4pt with a doe and he tried mounting her 4 or 5 times but she wasnt quite ready. I dont recall such intense breeding activity this late in the season, particularly in the northern zone. Any thoughts on this?

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Edited by EsoxAC3

Anyone have their beard effect kisser button placement and therefore arrow flight? Nothing changed on my bow other than I have grown a hunting beard. Picked up bow to practice today and my arrows are hitting low and left?