Legacy- 2016 Deer Season

Legacy

Another heart break for me bad luck continues.

Set up in a stand over looking cut bean field

10 doe filter out Im set back in 20 yds of field edge and the deer need to feed their way out so I have a clear unobstructed shot. All the doe final do. At last light i hear noise in the thick stuff Im in I see a body,pull up the binos and a head comes through its a big shooter wide and high.He disappears in a second but I know he's heading to the field.Yup he enters the field a couple seconds later and is heading right for the doe.I stand and rest on a tree infront of the stand I'm on his shoulder at 100 yds but he hasn't cleared the tree line branches.I hold and wait and he turns and bounds away.Don't know what spooked him he couldn't have made me wind was no where near him I'm baffled and snake bit

Sent from my iPad using Lake Ontario United

I love you Dan....[emoji6]

Lake Ontario salmon fishing charters

Got an inch of white on the ground already!! They are calling for 3-5"'s till morning. What sucks is I didn't get a chance to take off my canopy on the boat yet ☃ looks like I'll be pushing the snow off at midnight 😤😴 Sorry little of topic, but will benefit the Pa. Hunters!!! Good luck to all.!!! PAP

Another heart break for me bad luck continues.

Set up in a stand over looking cut bean field

10 doe filter out Im set back in 20 yds of field edge and the deer need to feed their way out so I have a clear unobstructed shot. All the doe final do. At last light i hear noise in the thick stuff Im in I see a body,pull up the binos and a head comes through its a big shooter wide and high.He disappears in a second but I know he's heading to the field.Yup he enters the field a couple seconds later and is heading right for the doe.I stand and rest on a tree infront of the stand I'm on his shoulder at 100 yds but he hasn't cleared the tree line branches.I hold and wait and he turns and bounds away.Don't know what spooked him he couldn't have made me wind was no where near him I'm baffled and snake bit

Sent from my iPad using Lake Ontario United

Its just been one of those years for a few of us... Im gonna start carrying a horseshoe in my pack!

Holy shyt man, that's a bunch of snow!! I highly doubt that's a good thing, being that deep. I'd say you better get it done if it's going to happen. Snow balls don't fry up like backstraps. By the way I made one of the backstraps for dinner last night with homemade frenchfries, in peanut oil, just like the fairs!! The kids ate everything. I have a refridguater that I use like a walk in cooler, I put rods in to hang the meat at 36* now it's been 7 days, and the backstraps you could cut with a fork and they fell apart in your mouth!! Good luck guys I'm pulling for ya's trust me!!!

Looks like I'm going to be sidelined for a bit unless a miracle happens unfortunately. All I can say is I give GMC Terrain 5 stars on rear end collisions!! What a day yesterday was! GRRR!

Edited by JakeyBaby

at least you saw BUCK in the woods. had to work all week. Hopefully this weekend with rifle or muzzle will pay off.  At this point I am hoping a see a doe in muzzle to fill the freezer.  Blew out my knee the summer so was on the ground for bow and never had a good shot.

Looks like I'm going to be sidelined for a bit unless a miracle happens unfortunately. All I can say is I give GMC Terrain 5 stars on rear end collisions!! What a day yesterday was! GRRR!

That sucks. Hope no one was hurt.

'Bout Time

Mike

Today I decided to hunt with my bow.Had a fast flurry of good action this morning in 8M. Little after day break I heard some movement on the hill above me. was a doe being chased by a 8point came within 40 yards of me.Then a 6 point seconds later comes flying over the hill and comes within 20 yards of me. as I am watching the 6 point I see movement behind him, It was a slammer 10 point (165in.+) came to 30 yards. I was at full draw and he stopped right behind a couple of limbs. He took off after the doe also. Couldn't get a shot.He was grunting the whole time.Few minutes later I saw 1 more small buck up on the hill above me.Stayed till 1 didn't see another deer.

Edited by Sean Youngblood

Well I sacrificed the beard to the hunting gods! Hopefully it brings me the luck ive been hoping for. I no longer look like a goat herder for Afghanistan so thats a plus. 

Well I sacrificed the beard to the hunting gods! Hopefully it brings me the luck ive been hoping for. I no longer look like a goat herder for Afghanistan so thats a plus.

post-148213-14811459430778_thumb.jpg

ONE of the best pranks from JackA$$!