Legacy- 2016 Deer Season

Legacy

attachicon.gifIMG_1481145287.901205.jpg. Neighborhood deer you can actually pet and feed during hunting season ....today 's ride home... congrats to everyone with the nice deer lately

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

I would love to pet a deer.... Tho something inside me says its not quite right.

My buddy has a summer place on racquet lake and they have pet deer up there, as well. They pet them and feed them bread etc.

you start treating them like that... It would sure be more difficult to go hunting I would think.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Thanks. Browning light 12. It's a 71 gold. Love it best 200 bucks I spent.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

After looking at the newly redesigned Brownings I bought a 1952 ish Auto 5.  Love it.  Paid $620 for it so I think your investment of $200 is safe.  Do you shoot steel out of it?  Still trying to figure out if I want to risk shooting steel out her, as I have heard conflicting information.  

attachicon.gif20161207_142621.jpg

In the stand I got my xbow kill . Haven't been in here sence November 8.

Youngblood u must be in the park? I was there yesterday not a thing.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Yeah I was in the Park.Not really trying to drum up tourism. Seems to do fine on it's own lol.

Ok same stand tonight as yesterday.
Doe start filtering out into the field at 4:10. At 4:40 I'm counting doe 8 then 9 and 10 show up as I'm looking at number 10 through the bino's a giant buck enters the field.
He hugs the far edge and I stand and get ready. I have to pick a shot through the branches of the trees on the field edge again. I look to have a clear shot at about 160 yds.
I fire and he still standing fire again and I think I hit him still in the field deer scattering every where but he still there fire a 3rd shot he gets to the edge of the field near some swale grass that I had ranged at 175 yds and I fire a 4th shot and he stops in the grass leaving the field and at the shot his tail goes straight up and starts flickering back and forth very fast.
He looked like he went down just into the grass exiting the field.
I immediately get down and back out get to my jeep and drive to my cousins across the road. 
20-30 minutes pass and we head over in his UTV to go look for him. 
As we get to the spot where the buck exited the field I think I here a deer jump up. I tell my cousin turn of the UTV and then silence. We look for blood but fine none. I go into the area the I think the deer would be dead and find zero.We search around but its dark and find zero, We get into the UTV and drive around the circular horse track looking for sign and again zero.
I'm thinking I missed but back to the spot I think the deer exited and follow a trail a few yds and find a spot of blood. Then we get the big light and find another bigger spot of coagulated bright blood. We then find a bed right where I though I heard the deer jump from.The deer bedded less then 20 yds from where he exited. 
We found some more blood and saw which way it was headed, into some tall swale grass and thick pines so we backed out and will return tomorrow morning to look for him.
Between the tail flicker and a huge buck bedding less than 20 yds from the hit I thinking he has to be hit hard and hurting...either my season will end in a blaze of glory or I'll top of the worst run of luck I've ever had

Doe start filtering out into the field at 4:10. At 4:40 I'm counting doe 8 then 9 and 10 show up as I'm looking at number 10 through the bino's a giant buck enters the field.

He hugs the far edge and I stand and get ready. I have to pick a shot through the branches of the trees on the field edge again. I look to have a clear shot at about 160 yds.

I fire and he still standing fire again and I think I hit him still in the field deer scattering every where but he still there fire a 3rd shot he gets to the edge of the field near some swale grass that I had ranged at 175 yds and I fire a 4th shot and he stops in the grass leaving the field and at the shot his tail goes straight up and starts flickering back and forth very fast.

I immediately get down and back out get to my jeep and drive to my cousins across the road.

As we get to the spot where the buck exited the field I think I here a deer jump up. I tell my cousin turn of the UTV and then silence. We look for blood but fine none. I go into the area the I think the deer would be dead and find zero.We search around but its dark and find zero, We get into the UTV and drive around the circular horse track looking for sign and again zero.

I'm thinking I missed but back to the spot I think the deer exited and follow a trail a few yds and find a spot of blood. Then we get the big light and find another bigger spot of coagulated bright blood. We then find a bed right where I though I heard the deer jump from.The deer bedded less then 20 yds from where he exited.

We found some more blood and saw which way it was headed, into some tall swale grass and thick pines so we backed out and will return tomorrow morning to look for him.

Between the tail flicker and a huge buck bedding less than 20 yds from the hit I thinking he has to be hit hard and hurting...either my season will end in a blaze of glory or I'll top of the worst run of luck I've ever had

Best of luck tomorrow !!!

'Bout Time

Mike

Good call on backing out - you will find him. Tail flickering can be a response to pain, or a posterior shot - think liver, stomach, etc. Blood with clots is a good sign.

Good luck Dan, I'm very confident you'll have some pics to show us tomorrow of this beast.

Chris

Are you going to get hit with this crazy snow we are forecasted for? Something to think about. Good luck tomorrow hope to see pics

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

He's laying within 50yards of your last sight of blood, I hope the damn yotes don't jump him, I had that happen, it was that big 6 I shot with the flintlock, bedded down like yours under a hemlock till the yotes got after him his horn marks were in the snow!! 6hrs later we got him!! I ask our higher ups to look over you and guide you in the right direction!! Please post a pic, when you get him, will do a little prayer and ask my brother to aid in your tracking, he was the best, he could tell by the way the leaves were laying or turned up. Best of luck, what for gun were you using?? PAP.