Legacy- 2016 Deer Season

Legacy

That's one hell of a deer, ya I don't even have a watch, I hunt with a scope, leupold VXIII 4.5-14 50mil I don't hunt till I need a light, 10 min +or- what's the differance, if it that makes that big of deal to ya, you need medicine, because jealousy is a terrible thing!!! Calling Dan a outlaw is ridiculous, I guess you never to ten minutes of break at work, you never went 47 in a 45mph zone, pull your skirt up and leave this site, we didn't have a issue till the turkey talked. I got broad shoulders there short spur. Congrats Dan youll always be my freind

That's one hell of a deer, ya I don't even have a watch, I hunt with a scope, leupold VXIII 4.5-14 50mil I don't hunt till I need a light, 10 min +or- what's the differance, if it that makes that big of deal to ya, you need medicine, because jealousy is a terrible thing!!! Calling Dan a outlaw is ridiculous, I guess you never to ten minutes of break at work, you never went 47 in a 45mph zone, pull your skirt up and leave this site, we didn't have a issue till the turkey talked. I got broad shoulders there short spur. Congrats Dan youll always be my freind

X2

Good for you Pap

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

My jokes are cheeky and fun spirited. 🌈💔. Not mean or cruel.

Ten hrs before Legacy acts like none of this happens and post a smart well prepared post about hunting.

One little joke gets this thread turned sideways in a hurry. 🗽

Pap we understand you're view on this situation but if you would please let me know what you think about the DJ Jazzy Jeff and Fresh Prince reunion tour. I honestly believe it will be the greatest since Kris Cross got back together in 2002. I mean Chris Cross will make you want to jump. Little known fact that Phil and Danny Tanner from Full House were both avid black tail deer hunters and left there families often to pursue fresh meat together in the Idaho Wilderness traveling as far as the black hills of South Dakota on foot. Wow! Traveling with Phil and Danny would of been a real experience.

Pap on a serious note I enjoy your post and enjoy this page just can't help but joke after how down hill this post has gone. Good hunting guys. Serious this is my last post tonight. I mean no hard feelings at all just playing around.

Still a few days left in the regular season. Hope we can get back to the posts that Legacy was looking for when he started this thread. Go out and shootem' up.I 'm still lookin' for my buck.

That'a boy Locoman, let's round up the guys, and have fun!! This {was} "is still" the best thread in all of 4 damn near 5 years that I've been a PRO member on LOU-LEU, it's to late to shyt things up because someone disagrees with one's most exciting moment this season. Put away the bad eggs and let's play BALL!!!! In all seriousness here in Pa. It's legal to shoot 1/2hr past dusk. I know wer're not in Pa. Toto. OK, this evening my father in law shot at a dandy buck about 90-100 yards, when he shot the buck ran up hill, he thinks the shot was back a little to far, and his tail stood strait up, I didn't see what happened as I was driving the guys around, till we got to where he was standing and I got the chasers it was to late, instead of going in with lights I hung a piece of white string on the limb of the tree he was standing behind. He is upset, this would have been the biggest deer he ever shot. He hunts with a new but older caliber Rem. 350 mag. Usually they don't go far with that pill. See what happens tomorrow morning. I hope I have a pic for you, he thinks he missed, I don't believe it, he's to good of a shot. The only way he missed is if the bullet hit a big limb, twigs don't bother that cannon! LOL That's why I like my 35 Whelen, but the 350 is a shorter case, but bigger in diameter by a little, be buys factory loads and I have my wife's cousin load my shells, and they flat ass work!! That buck I shot was 100yards+ and angled like quartered towards I pick a out the crease right behind the front blade. I shot he just sat down looked towards me and fell over. After pulling autopsy the shot was high, I didn't realize he was on a down grade. Anyway it busted 2 ribs off on the entry knocked the backbone off on the underside, and ruined my all time favorite pieces of meat those two straps under the backbone, and knocked off 3 ribs on the other side. Other then my so called chicken strips there wasn't an ounce of meat waisted!! I love that gun and it fits me perfectly, that means a lot!! Good luck guys, it's going to get brutal towards the weekend.

Pap we understand you're view on this situation but if you would please let me know what you think about the DJ Jazzy Jeff and Fresh Prince reunion tour. I honestly believe it will be the greatest since Kris Cross got back together in 2002. I mean Chris Cross will make you want to jump. Little known fact that Phil and Danny Tanner from Full House were both avid black tail deer hunters and left there families often to pursue fresh meat together in the Idaho Wilderness traveling as far as the black hills of South Dakota on foot. Wow! Traveling with Phil and Danny would of been a real experience.

I don't really watch to much TV other than the fishing channel, 699 down here. I haven't a clue what your talking about? Kinda like some on here use million dollar words to make themselves sound impressive, I like 4 letter words they get to the point and not indirectly say one is an ass. I'm sure you know what I'm talking about.

Hey guys ,

ConGraduations to the successful hunters.

we're all on this site because we love deer hunting. We should be congratulating and celebrating a large buck taken. Most Deerhunters wont get a deer like that in a lifetime.

Schmucks like me spend hours in the stand freezing hoping to see a buck. I don't wear a watch when I'm hunting , when I can't see to count 3 points on one side it's time to quit. As I get older it gets earlier and earlier . In PA we have to count three points on one side. I usually shoot first buck legal buck that comes along because too many years I passed on the small guys got skunked.

Those 50mm VXIII's you could stay in the stand all night. Me and my dad both have 3.5-10s on our .270s and .300. And I'll also agree that nobody has a shooter buck walk out in front of them and says hey weather.com said I could've shot him 3 minutes ago but no way I'm doing it now and if you know someone who has it's more than likely a buck fever cover story for why the deer didn't go for a pickup truck ride.

Enough is enough!! If you guys want to beat each other up, dont do it on here. PM each other, call each other, or even better meet at the flag pole after school. Now lets get back to hunting!

Standing Beans would be #1 on my list but good luck finding that, then corn (standing would be preferred ) obviously. Under 35 degrees grain is money. Over anything green should put deer in eyesight. Turnips are usually are go to for me this time of year but wait....... I don't have any left because they ate them all during bow season! First time that has happened for me, usually there are still tons left at this point.

Speaking of food....... by any chance does anyone know where I may be able to get my hands on a four row corn planter? Seem very tough to find! We have used 6 row in the past and is just to big for what I need.

No disrespect to no one !!!

It was all just for good fun!!!

I have been very bored with all my tags filled except for muzzleloader tags.

I agree tho the deer are in the food. I have been trying to put my buddy on a nice oak ridge for two weeks he was persistent about his brush thicket that has no food. I drove by the oak ridge spot yesterday and seen a fresh kill drag in the snow coming off the ridge.

Food food food food is where the deer are and they won't go far from it to bed.

Edited by BigWilly

Speaking of food....... by any chance does anyone know where I may be able to get my hands on a four row corn planter? Seem very tough to find! We have used 6 row in the past and is just to big for what I need.

I have a old 40's or 50's model 2 row jd with dry fertilizer bins and seed bins and it works great maybe a couple more passes to get it planted! but it's nice and fits down trails to get to the hard to reach spots!! When I got it the bottoms of fertilizer bins were slightly rotted. I fixed them with some auto body mud, and for $450 total have a great planter!! I run round up ready corn threw it with trip 19. And after its sprouted good I use urea and spray the weeds. Also will spray with liquid trip 10 when corn is a few feet tall. 2 or 3 ears on all my stalks.

The hardest part for me is keeping my beef cattle out of it hard headed black angus. Lol

Yea 2 row may have to be the way to go...... once you jump up to a 4 row the $$$ more then doubles. And with only leasing land and not owning it's tough to fork over big time bucks for equipment like that!

Edited by JakeyBaby