Legacy- 2016 Deer Season

Legacy

Well set up on a group of does to fill my tag for the area. Had a small doe come out around 3:30 watched her for 15 mins then back in the woods it went. Nothing else for the rest of the night so at 4:35 I got up and went to leave. I looked in the back corner of the field and they were all back there probably 250 yrds away. As I'm watching them and figuring a plan for tomorrow night with the smoke pole out come a nice buck. I ended up creeping to the corner and probably could of gotten into range of him but it was already past shooting time. I made a plan to get close to where he came out and backed out. Hopefully with luck I didn't bump him and I'll get a shot. That was the onl buck I saw all of gun season

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Lake Ontario United mobile app

After spending countless hours in the woods since Oct 1 with nothing but bad luck to show for it, I finally connected on a medium size doe yesterday morning. It was getting close to desperation time but when this girl tried to run past me, I nailed her. Thanks to Gator for allowing me to hunt his property and for all the encouragement he offered. I even appreciate the "buck on a rope" he left us the evening before - long story!

I think they got the best of me. I was supposed to sit the first hour this morning and just couldn't muster the enthusiasm. My two buddies jumped a nice buck on the way in last night, but missed the shot...they walked within ten yards of it and it didn't jump until they were 30 yards past. And again I was just happy to be there. I've said that a million times during gun season.

Too much to get done before 11 am today and I think that gun season has beaten me up. It was one of the best bow seasons I've ever had, but since shotgun opened it's turned to piss and vinegar. I may have one last sit this afternoon, but maybe not too. Time to get the ice fishing gear ready! Good luck to all those who continue the quest with smokepole in hand.

Well be on Honeoye before you can say "I better call Scott,im going to Honeoye".

Lake Ontario salmon fishing charters

Heard the south end was skimmed over. I'm anxiously awaiting some ice somewhere within a 4 hr drive.

At least it's ready. This week's cold is gonna get it a great start. I'm sure guys will be on this weekend, but not me yet.

Lake Ontario salmon fishing charters

"Through this past weekend, New York hunters reported about 5% more deer taken during the Southern Zone regular season than through the same period in 2015.  Statewide and across all deer seasons, hunters have reported about 9% more deer than at this time in 2015."

3 doe 2 small buck at 4:29 hope that's not too late to watch deer feed

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Priceless LMFAO, You da man Dan!! On a separate note, does your hunting seasons run back to back. Like here in Pa. We're done till after Christmas. Like a few days ago was rife or shotguns today it's muzzy season? Or do you have the option to use whatever fits the occasion?? Thanks PAP

Pap, The seasons: Bow, early muzzle (where applicable), regular season, late season muzzle/bow, run back-to-back in NY for whitetail. With the exception of some bow only hunting in very specific areas of long island which takes place in jan i believe.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Edited by EsoxAC3