Legacy- 2016 Deer Season

Legacy

How can a guy with 5 acres of land and 2 kids pass a 5 pt if he only had 2 days to hunt????

Mid west dudes owns 200 acers take that 200 here in new York and u got 8 different land owners and friends hunting it.

What do u think is going to happen with all the deer???

It's not rocket science.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

First of all if your depending on feeding your 2 kids with deer you shoot you may wanna save your license money and just buy grocery s...its a sport but if your happy shooting 1.5 year old bucks year after year just keep shooting little ones...we have nearly 400 acres but all our neighbors practice the brown its down theory...but they are the first to **** about lack of deer...its just to bad people couldnt let the 1.5 old bucks walk and we could have deer like out west...we have the genics...our group past up a ton of small bucks and shot only one doe this year so hopefully next year should be good

Sent from my LGL44VL using Lake Ontario United mobile app

First of all if your depending on feeding your 2 kids with deer you shoot you may wanna save your license money and just buy grocery s...its a sport but if your happy shooting 1.5 year old bucks year after year just keep shooting little ones...we have nearly 400 acres but all our neighbors practice the brown its down theory...but they are the first to **** about lack of deer...its just to bad people couldnt let the 1.5 old bucks walk and we could have deer like out west...we have the genics...our group past up a ton of small bucks and shot only one doe this year so hopefully next year should be good

Sent from my LGL44VL using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I'm just saying some people have lack of time with having kids , so they are going to take anything . Didn't say anything about feeding them with it but they do eat good. Can't eat antlers. Trophys nice but as time goes on in the season or little time available the gun goes bang. No need to have a rule on how big the rack should be. It's how many are taken a year . Some people think... in 2 days I will have another buck tag for gun then muzzle so I'll take this 4pt. Bet if 1 buck all season they would pass that 4 pt.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Well many deer sighted tonight bucks and doe all on there feet!!

My buddy was happy to see so many deer he said he had more fun watching them and it was way to cold to mess with gutting one this afternoon!! He and I had many chances but both decided not to shoot. We really laughed watching the small bucks pushing doe around and how aggravated the doe would get with them !!

Great afternoon enjoying Mother Natures

Creatures!! And laughing with a very good friend of mine!!

post-152786-14818433820768_thumb.jpg

post-152786-14818432828304_thumb.jpg

post-152786-14818439171882_thumb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using https://siteowners.tapatalk.com/byo/displayAndDownloadByoApp?rid=74288"]Lake

Edited by BigWilly

Hop, I put a very lot of time in on my off season to make sure I am ready for season. When deer season is over the very next day I am in the woods doing everything I can to improve my lands from what I have learned from the season, and it could be pruning apple trees to trimming shot lanes to working on stands planning the next seasons plot plantings to hanging fence you wouldn't believe all I do!! Some days I ask myself ?? Are you crazy?? Yup. Lol.

But my craziness has made me learn a lot about land and qdm and deer in general. Lots of trial and errors along the way research and reading to. I do not fill my buck tag every season either. Many seasons I ate buck tag soup and I don't really like it but I know it's the Rit thing to do to reach my personal goals at my age in the game.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

I've hunted with bow Missouri four years in a row where they take two bucks one with bow and one with gun,but they do qdm with four points on one side,had no problem seeing many bucks and about three shooters each trip 130 or better,hunted king ferry Thompson cayuga co-op where they did a qdm study for four years and saw many different bucks and many shooters there too! Qdm is the way to go I think,plus gun season up north way toooo long 6 weeks!!just my thoughts?

Sent from my iPad using Lake Ontario United

Edited by Giz9219

Big Willy, your pictures are a testament to the work you are doing. Significant numbers of healthy whitetails out feeding during daylight at this time of the season, amazing to me. Congratulations on your efforts, hope you continue to reap the rewards for many years to come.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Congrats that's one hell of a buck!! Way to stick it out and unleash the muzzy on a brute buck!! Our flintlock season opens up the day after Christmas, and it would be a blessing to poke one like that!! Thanks for sharing. PAP!!!