Legacy- 2016 Deer Season

Legacy

Good thing my reloading skills are off the chart!

What do you mean? The shells themselves, or you can chamber more shells through the gun your using as fast as possible.

post-139598-14819215889555_thumb.jpg

Well I made it in. Tried to drive up the tractor path and buried my truck in the snow. Dug it out with my snow brush. Got it out and parked at the barns. Long walk in a foot of snow but I'm here. Hoping lightning strikes twice. By the looks of things, I should've been here all day. The deer have been on their feet since the snow stopped. Tracks every where.

Sent from my XT1585 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I'm just saying some people have lack of time with having kids , so they are going to take anything . Didn't say anything about feeding them with it but they do eat good. Can't eat antlers. Trophys nice but as time goes on in the season or little time available the gun goes bang. No need to have a rule on how big the rack should be. It's how many are taken a year . Some people think... in 2 days I will have another buck tag for gun then muzzle so I'll take this 4pt. Bet if 1 buck all season they would pass that 4 pt.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I'm gonna say that's not a good argument because hunting shouldn't be about killing a deer. If you have a short amount of time and need meat you can shoot a doe, if you have a short amount of time available to hunt and don't want/need the meat then why are you going to shoot a small buck? Just to say you filled your tag and be able to puff your chest out to your buddies? I think it's important to be able to go out and shoot what you want but with some legislation it would be as easy for people to kill 2.5yo plus bucks as it is to kill 1.5yo's now. Like someone said earlier and I made the same point on a big blowout Facebook argument about it, not every hunter is a trophy hunter and not every hunter is a meat hunter but EVERY HUNTER wants to shoot a big buck.

On another point I think it's funny that people who are "meat hunters" act like they're always under attack when I see them giving a lot more people guff for not shooting a 2.5 year old than anyone does for them shooting a 1.5 year old. It's usually the same people who give me a ton of crap when I tell them I throw salmon back in the lake.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

A bunch of deer tonight but they made their appearance very late. 7 total. Does, fawn, bucks. Possibly three bucks. One was a small 8pt but Didnt get a good look at two of them because they never left the woods but i believe they were bucks based on body size.

Hop, glad to hear you got a crack at one. I hope it's a speedy recovery for u in the am.

Many deer on there feet today. Many many first rack bucks wich was good to see. And many button bucks. And 2 dozen doe.

Great day to be in the woods!!

I bought a new smoker and looking forward to firing it up next week.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Edited by BigWilly