Legacy- 2016 Deer Season

Legacy

Anybody have a venison liver recipie..? Saved one from yesterday....

Sent from my VS985 4G using Lake Ontario United mobile app

This is how my family eats it.

Cut liver into thin strips and soak in whole milk overnight.

Cook bacon until fat is rendered and set aside.

Fry up peppers, onions, and mushrooms in bacon grease and set aside.

Coat liver in seasoned flour or your favorite breading and fry in remaining bacon grease for 7-10 minutes, flipping once.

Serve liver topped with peppers, onion, mushrooms and crumbled bacon

Soak liver in salt water and white vinegar

clean and slice into approximately 1/4-1/2" slices

Then soak in milk 1 hour before preparing 

dice some onions and bacon

fry bacon till cooked

fry onions in bacon drippings

remove both and set aside

Dredge liver in pan searing flour

Season with salt,pepper and garlic powder

Pan fry in bacon drippings

When almost cooked at onions and bacon to pan

Turn heat to high and finish with Sherry  

I always turned my nose at liver also but I guarantee this aint your grandmas liver!

Edited by dvdegeorge

Soak liver in salt water and white vinegar

clean and slice into approximately 1/4-1/2" slices

Then soak in milk 1 hour before preparing 

dice some onions and bacon

fry bacon till cooked

fry onions in bacon drippings

remove both and set aside

Dredge liver in pan searing flour

Season with salt,pepper and garlic powder

Pan fry in bacon drippings

When almost cooked at onions and bacon to pan

Turn heat to high and finish with Sherry  

I always turned my nose at liver also but I guarantee this aint your grandmas liver!

This recipe shouldnt count. This recipe should be named " Double D's recipe to make anything dead taste good". This recipe would make a skunk's a** taste good!

To each their own I guess. I bet you don't eat the heart either. Thin sliced and marinated in fresh lime juice, garlic, onion, and fresh jalapeño. Quick sear on a hot charcoal grill and serve in corn tortillas with roasted corn salsa and cilantro.

I'm with ya here Slammin!!! When I was still at home if you didn't eat something you went to bed right after supper, which sucked as a kid, especially in the summer, the only time I went to bed early was whenever mom made split pea soup, that shyt sucked then and always will. My pop saved the livers by freezing them till we butchered our pig/pigs depending on who wanted what, if the deer were shot off the mountain in the early season we ate the liver or used them to make liver pudding. If the deer came late season and they were eating mountain laurel that is poisonous to humans but not for the deer, because they don't have a gallbladder. I'm no doctor because I lost all my patientsLOL but the old timers knew their shyt and us young ones followed suit!! Most of the guys that were my family member my POP POPS were WWII vets and my dad was a Korean War Vets and my younger uncles were Vietnam War Vets. So us young ones walked the line at home, but the deer livers were eaten early season and used for other purposes and later in the season were buried with the pigs entrails along with the beef and chicken guts.

Finished off my deer season this morning dropping a doe with the CVA! This deer season was my most productive season in my hunting career. No buck tags filled but three antler less deer tags filled. Anyone looking to buy a muzzleloader, I highly recommend the CVA Accura V2. I could hunt again tomorrow but I have enough meat. Thank you Gator for letting me hunt your property!

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

100 grains of 777 and a .295 grain Barnes Expander MZ bullets! Really want to switch to granular powder next season. But what I'm using now tips them over pretty damn good. It's the only thing I use all season . Shotgun never leaves the gun cabinet!

As rightly happy as everyone is with the buckhorn imagine a muzzleloader using smokeless powder...clean it once a year in minutes, better ballistics, more consistancy, and you dont have to wait for the smoke to clear to see what happened...savage smokeless muzzleloader 😎

Justin Okrepki

NYSDEC licensed guide #7324

http://www.otiscolakeguideservice.com/

(607)-349-1750