Legacy- 2016 Deer Season

Legacy

My muzzy hang fires every other shot. Pissed me off so bad. brand new gun I cleaned it ex...had it 4 years now. The only thing I can think is the barrel is bored out to wide where the bullet sits. The primer goes off then split second after bang.

The second shot when the barrel is now dirty , it shoot mint. I tried different bullets , powder, primers . It's a Traditions vortex ultra light.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

What powder? Blackhorn does hang fire if you do not have a modified Bree h plug in some guns. I had to buy a upgraded breech plug for my CVA Accura to shoot blackhorn.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

I would bet that your problem comes down to the primer. A European made primer will be a few thousands bigger in diameter compared to an American made. Which may not sound like alot, but when you are trying to make a vacuum chamber you can get alot more blow back. Rio G 600 primers are what I'm planning on getting when I make the switch to the Blackhorn 209. Tighter is ALWAYS better! And like Pap said always fire off a primer by it self before loading to assure no residue is left from cleaning.

Edited by JakeyBaby

I put 15 primers thru. Before I load it . I have done it all, but send the dam thing back . I think the barrel is to wide to much air goes around the bullet at the ignite and when the bullet gets going it gets tighter and It then goes off . I've hunted with them for years. I'm just puzzled at a 600 plus gun. For how much I payed it should work under water

I put 15 primers thru. Before I load it . I have done it all, but send the dam thing back . I think the barrel is to wide to much air goes around the bullet at the ignite and when the bullet gets going it gets tighter and It then goes off . I've hunted with them for years. I'm just puzzled at a 600 plus gun. For how much I payed it should work under water

LOL! I'm not laughing at you I'm laughing with you on your comment "For how much I payed it should work under water" that brought tears to my eyes, as I haven't laughed that hard in a long time!! Despite your anger, you still have a good sense of humor!!

My buddy's laugh at me because when I clean my gun I shoot it 1 time Cuz I know the next time I shoot it works fine. Then if 1 shoot I reload and shoot in the ground and load it again and it's ready. I would laugh to !!! What the hell I'm Fishing on long pond now that's how bad it is.

I 100% agree with that guy if we were talking flintlocks, I have proven that thought time and time again by shooting it over the snow, the powder will lay black over the snow, there's no need to put more than 70 grains of powder in the barrel, the rest won't burn, and your patch will lay on the snow on fire. PA had closed our flintlock season during a real dry season because of this. But a 209 primer behind a load of black powder will ignite every grain up too 150 grains of powder. If your shooting your gun over a chronograph and noticing pellet speed increases then the powder is burning and not just taking up space. Shoot a cap off at night, you'll see the fire fly out the barrel. Flintlocks I agree 100% not so with a modern day muzzle loader. Also, you clean your muzzy already for the next day your chance comes and you miss?? WTF right? If you don't snap at least caps off before loading that first shot it will be low every time? Because there's no residue in the barrel to totally seal off the gases relying on just the plastic sabot. Best speed and repetitive accuracy is with the 4-6 shot over the chrono!! We have messed around hrs. With this stuff and theories, that have been proven before our very eyes.

Wow Pap great info thank you!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Finished my season this morning with my bow.30yd pass threw on this doe.She went less than 50yds and piled up.The 75 grain Muzzy left a hole as large or larger than a 12 gauge slug.All in all I had a good season.Since gun season started I have averaged seeing over a buck a day.Best day was seeing 4 bucks 2 other days I saw 3.Only had like 3 days without seeing any bucks.Biggest buck I saw was a 160 plus 10 point no shot.3 8 pointers 1 nice 6 point and a lot of scrub bucks.Congratulations to everyone who had luck and to everyone that had fun trying.Happy holidays to all.Hardwater next.post-143313-0-23061500-1482261409_thumb.jpg 

On the ground on overwatch in the same field I have been dedicated to since the start of the late season. By the looks of all the tracks, an army of deer attacked this field in the past 24 hours. The last sit of the season, so my fingers are crossed.

Sent from my XT1585 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Closed the season Sun. Shooting a coyote and a buck. There were 2 trying to eat him, when I reloaded the buck was still standing broadside @ 125 yds. Down he went. Standing over him find a gunshot thru inside left leg....He doesn't smell good. Hung him and figure "I save what I can " one cut at the base of neck and !!!!! ALMOST puke post-140001-14822698290188_thumb.jpg

Sent from my XT1585 using Lake Ontario United mobile app