Legacy- 2016 Deer Season

Legacy

well all stands are accounted for and everything is hung that needed to be hung. Moved some things around today and yesterday and hung two brand new sets on a new piece. Probably got some poison oak to show for it too.

Bring it 2016!

Nice! I've never seen poison ivy as bad as this year.. It's every where.

Sent from my VS990 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Great thread gentlemen. I think the wind causes them to bed down a little tighter. Usually downwind right below the crest of the hill. They can still see what's in front of them & it gives them a little protection from the wind which also lets them hear a little better. And also allows them to smell anything sneaking in from behind them.

But in the same token all bets are off during the rut. When remnants Hurricane Sandy came through it rained for 5 straight days in SW Pa. It was a slaughter in the woods, if you were willing to brave the rain & wind. Between me & my 4 hunting buddies we got 4 NICE bucks during the downpour.

Hope everyone has a great & safe season.

Well I addressed some preseason bow items. I upgraded my current trophy taker drop away rest with a QAD Ultra Rest (great rest by the way). A dozen new arrows ready to be shot. The fresh set up resulted in a few adjustments to the peep, and sights but all is well now. Just need to make time to shoot a thousand arrows or so.

The Mathews is ready to feed!  :yes:

Some new products added to mix this year...

TRU Ball Archery Stinger Release

QAD Ultra Rest

Smokeys Buck Preorbital Gland Lure

Kishels Scents- Buck in rut plus deer urine scent granules

Illusion Game Calls- Extinguisher deer call and black Rack 

The Drury show "Thirteen" is the best show on the outdoor channel by far! They actually break down step by step and give great information! Go back and watch past seasons then apply the intell to this season. It worked for me last season!

Nice! Just buy license and tags? Im going to pike county illinois this fall.

Yea just buy the tags and do it yourself self hunt. We are no longer going to Mohican memorial national forest we are hitting Woodbury Wildlife Area instead. 20,000 acres in that spot. Hopefully tag out on a Buckeye before are season gets rolling here.

I will probably have ~20 chestnut seedlings left after plantings. They're not the strongest of the lot, but if anybody wants to try some fall planting of containerized Chinese hybrids, let me know. I highly advise if you do plant them to tube them or they'll be deer chow before the winter's over. If nobody wants them then I may heel them in rather than throw them away, but with my clay soil I'm not even sure they'll survive and I'm reluctant to plant any more than I already have. I'm in Rush, NY.

Well the poison ivy has taken over my arms as a result of moving stands last weekend and it sucks. Apparently short sleeves are never a good idea when hugging a tree and attaching straps. Hopefully its worth the pain and suffering when its game time. I also moved one last tree stand before the season this week and check a camera close to the site. All does so far which is quite typical of the camera at this time of year.

PICT0013_zpsfzniwp3g.jpg

PICT0019_zps9vyh3yo8.jpg