Legacy- 2016 Deer Season

Legacy

I would say no also. Tough to find a characteristic that's the same on both racks. I would guess they are related though.

Sent from my E6782 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

If they are, I agree he's on his way down and losing mass. Could be the screwed up year we've had. I've seen some doe pictures showing ribs...too skinny for this time of year. I'm not sure what's up with that.

If they are, I agree he's on his way down and losing mass. Could be the screwed up year we've had. I've seen some doe pictures showing ribs...too skinny for this time of year. I'm not sure what's up with that.

I don't think their winter coats are in with the warm weather

Just had a young coyote blow threw and Wow the mosquitoes are bad but I'm in a tree so I can't really complain.

post-139598-14755293404575_thumb.jpg

First sit of the year hoping to catch a big doe slipping. Good luck to everyone who's out tonight.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

post-144505-14755381438775_thumb.jpg

Took a nice doe tonight. She was all by herself at gave me a 15 yard slight quartering away shot. That was the exit hole. Hit one lung and then heart. Short 30 yard tracking job. Now I can sit and wait for the Big boy.

Edited by bout time

Well the kid experienced buck fever tonight. He had a six point come in and In his own words he "rushed the shot". He also said "wow that happened fast" and "I thought my heart was gonna explode". Clean miss. Great learning experience for him. 

attachicon.gifIMG_1475538143.221184.jpg

Took a nice doe tonight. She was all by herself at gave me a 15 yard slight quartering away shot. That was the exit hole. Hit one lung and then heart. Short 30 yard tracking job. Now I can sit and wait for the Big boy.

that's always a good feeling [emoji106]ðŸ»

Well the kid experienced buck fever tonight. He had a six point come in and In his own words he "rushed the shot". He also said "wow that happened fast" and "I thought my heart was gonna explode". Clean miss. Great learning experience for him.

That's it right there. That's why we do it. If your heart doesn't pound like that something is wrong. Hope he gets another chance at him.

Congrats on doe bout time

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Edited by stoneam2006

attachicon.gifIMG_1475538143.221184.jpg

:yes:

2 big does came in behind me almost got into my shooting lane and the neighbor way up on the hills lawn crew showed up and made a ton of noise so they left. Also had a small buck behind me I couldn't get a great look at. Even though I couldn't get a shot at the does it was nice to get the heart rate up for the first time this season.

2 big does came in behind me almost got into my shooting lane and the neighbor way up on the hills lawn crew showed up and made a ton of noise so they left. Also had a small buck behind me I couldn't get a great look at. Even though I couldn't get a shot at the does it was nice to get the heart rate up for the first time this season.

I don't use climbers (too old, just use ladder stands) but I noticed the discussion earlier and saw the following on "Archery Talk". Don't know how well it works but thought it might help with the issues discussed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Qm9dUsICd4

Pretty slick...I use climber all bow seas9n here is my rig. Rucksack frame attached to carry it easy as far as I want. I ratchet strap in when up post-161790-14756104104328_thumb.jpegpost-161790-14756104139924_thumb.jpeg

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk