Owasco 8.30.16

Howdy all,

It was too nice of a day not to go for a troll. With the awesome weather, and help from several folks on this forum (Alex etc.) I headed back to Owasco for some fishing.

Foremost, I used some help from this forum to tweek the sensitivity on the Hbird fishfinder. What a difference, and a confidence builder! Thanks guys !

I put down some stinger spoons on the riggers, and after a while, noticed a rod bobbing more than usual. I popped it, and after a fight equal to reeling in a clump of weeds, I found myself with a 20 " walleye ! It came out of the middle of nowhere (plug your ears ), and when I released it, I could see it on the FF heading to the bottom in 150 fow !

I did a couple more small rainbows, a medium rainbow, and a 20" laker. They all came in the top 50' of water over deep stuff. Al the bait I marked was 20-50'. There ware a very few marks deeper than 60', but not enough to want me to run stuff there.

I have run a mag dipsy on every trip, and have never had a hit. Is a glow in the dark version. I'm thinking of going to a black or clear regular dipsy to get it farther away from the boat. I really like the hits on a dipsy, so I'm going to keep trying.

I dont have any pictures because I like to limit the handling of the fish. On a solo trip I like to bring the fish to the side of the boat, reach over with the pliers, and go for an in the water release.

So, my Owasco trip has become much more productive thanks to you. I have to tell you though, Cayuga is looking pretty tempting !

Rusty

Very nice Rusty, Glad you got the bugs out. It looks like you've found the "Column" of water Alex , I, and a few others have been playing in. Keep at it, all kinds of suprises like fall Eyes in it as you have caught. Find what works and stick to it. and oh yeah......find the bait first and the catching is much easier. This time of year it isn't hard to find it where your fishing.  Dont be afraid to do circles around those areas where you catch little bows.......the big ones are with em.....and the speed changes on your turns can sometimes trigger them to bite. Get that camera going so we can see some pics!  :)

• Like 1

Very nice Rusty, Glad you got the bugs out. It looks like you've found the "Column" of water Alex , I, and a few others have been playing in. Keep at it, all kinds of suprises like fall Eyes in it as you have caught. Find what works and stick to it. and oh yeah......find the bait first and the catching is much easier. This time of year it isn't hard to find it where your fishing. Dont be afraid to do circles around those areas where you catch little bows.......the big ones are with em.....and the speed changes on your turns can sometimes trigger them to bite. Get that camera going so we can see some pics! :)

Will do ! Thanks for the help. [emoji226]

Rusty

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk