SLR 8lb Smallmouth

tman12

Never seen a fish like this. This thing must be a dumpster for goby. Thankfully it was released to keep picking away at the goby. Freaky looking fish.

http://www.syracuse.com/outdoors/index.ssf/2016/09/angler_lands_freaky_fat_8-pound_smallmouth_bass_in_st_lawrence_river.html#incart_river_mobile_home6d8916ba065709b5f8610a48eaadfa5b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Good pick up.....But I would note that Fish was not completely vertical or being held only by the lip. Not a perfect hold but more supportive than whats photographed above for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Agreed.. a lot of bass fisherman are more concerned with how a photo looks than how to properly handle a fish though. This is pretty evident from all the "jaw jacking" photos you'll see. Holding a fish like that feels completely unnatural anyway, the only purpose is to show it off for a photo.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I would of liked to see all blue around the boat not blacktop, how's he ever going to get it back in the water? That fish won't fit in a 5 gallon bucket. Congrats to the fisherman so close to a NY record!!! And so far away from the water ✌ 😬

He is a friend of mine from high school. The fish actually tied the state record. Scales used were slightly off and corrected. He kept it alive and released back to make another hog! Or to burp out whatever that thing frigging ate! Holy cow it was fat!

Sent from my SM-N920P using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Good job guys!! 🎣 👌 🟠Edited by pap