Conesus Post cold front walleye question for Conesus

I have fished rivers and streams my whole life. This is my first year as a angler with a boat. As you know there is much to learn on these larger bodies of water. I will be on Conesus tomorrow and will fish the northern half. Would like to know where the walleye hot spots are and tactics, lures or bait used during the cool daytime weather. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

post-161520-0-09662700-1472768242_thumb.jpeg

Edited by moonfish

Thanks. I went this am and caught a 5 & 3 lb big mouth in the first 20 minutes ! I decided to fish the area for another half hour and head to East shore where there are many humps in 15 to 20 ft. No luck. But did troll the shore and caught 2 Pike, one 30" 7-8 lbs. Was good day. On my way back to the launch, there was 1/4 mile stretch of suspended fish on bait in 35' of water. UNBELIEVABLE. Had to be walleye/trout. So many fish stacked. Wanted to fish them but needed to get home for dinner...lol. Thanks for reply and maybe talk soon. Dave

Troll 20 to 25 down with deep divers off inlines....no such thing as a hot spot when they are suspended on bait....don't bother fishing the deeper marks stay up...the active fish will be hard to mark unless your transducer is mounted on your trolling motor...they tend to slide down and away from your boat and the cone of your sonar is small up high in the column. Worm harnesses, core, spoons etc all work too if you can get the depth right.

Conesus walleye are tough during the day. The closest thing to a hot spot is trolling the deeper water off the points. It’s best to fish walleye on Conesus at dusk and during the evening in particular. A challenger trolled using copper line or a downrigger is a good bet. You can purchase them at Teds Bait shop in Lakeville. The bonus is they generally run 5 to 10+ pounds when you land one. As mentioned fishing is slow due to the extreme heat, despite the small cool spell. Most (not all) of the Conesus Walleye are caught from May tru July for some reason?