Land leasing amount

RD9

So today went and asked a nieghbor whom has a 140 acres which 85 acres is field rest is hardwoods I approached him about leasing the land for hunting. My folks land boarders the property and we have and harvest big bucks. Nieghbors lets lots of folks hunt there because honestly there are too many deer. I told him today I was drawing up a contract to lease his land and make him a fair offer. What is fair? He is open to it because honestly people don't even stop to ask him any more or drop off a case of beer. I'm allowed to hunt there as it is but would like to get exclusive rights. I'm in Chautauqua county.

Man I guess I am luckier then I thought. We pay $10 an acre for my lease, and cost for our plots plus it has all the amenities we need to work the property. A big bonus is it's only 5 minutes from my house, which is great! Good luck with your new ground!

We pay $12 an acre for our 240 acre lease.  It is mostly hardwoods and the land owner has it to use as an income property using the logs.  We have planted a few kill plots on the logging roads.  Yea we will lose them when they log but the roads need to planted anyway for proper erosion control so it works for both of us.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...