With J's or similar plugs that have the bead chain swivel that runs through them, be sure to NOT use a swivel....I know the hard way, that the plug becomes a giant lever to toss the hook.  Tie directly to the plug.

A deadly technique, if you have the room, is to run it way far back behind the boat off a planer board as a flat line.

My favorites are the "Stairway To Heaven" plug and the Watermelon J Plug.

Sam Zucco of Dream Catcher Charters is one of the finest plug fisherman out there.  He seems to pop rods with them more than anyone else I know.  He fishes out of the Genesee River and is a terrific guy!

Good Luck

With J's or similar plugs that have the bead chain swivel that runs through them, be sure to NOT use a swivel....I know the hard way, that the plug becomes a giant lever to toss the hook. Tie directly to the plug.

A deadly technique, if you have the room, is to run it way far back behind the boat off a planer board as a flat line.

My favorites are the "Stairway To Heaven" plug and the Watermelon J Plug.

Sam Zucco of Dream Catcher Charters is one of the finest plug fisherman out there. He seems to pop rods with them more than anyone else I know. He fishes out of the Genesee River and is a terrific guy!

Good Luck

Do you know how you would run them off riggers

Sent from my E6782 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

What speeds do you run your jplugs? Is the speed different when on the downriggers vs a planer board.

If on the planer, what depth do you run? How do you get it down there?

Sorry for all the questions...just trying not to have to spend several seasons learning what works. I only make it up a to Lady O twice a year...once spring and if I'm lucky I get in a fall trip.

Coming up next week for 5 days...out of Fair Haven.

Thanks and

Boat Safe

Egoody

For what it's worth I caught my personal best 28.3 lb king this weekend up until today (30.3lb on meat) on a plug with a swivel same as I run for spoon with the chain swivel they come with. 15' behind the ball. Blind luck idk but the only fish we caught on Saturday.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

My favorite J plug is the Crome bloody nose, basically silver with a red head, watch the finder and see where the majority of the fish are 25-35 ft back hook to release. At this point it's a reaction bite, basically they hit the plug out of frustration or just "get out of my way I have a job to finish with not much time left" best of luck to ya!!!

• 5 months later...