Quality net without breaking the bank?

x3 on the Ranger. last time out on Lake O I brought mine along as my fishing buddy normally has a net on his boat that would be better suited for scooping bait from a tank and we were glad we did as we needed the extension on the handle and size of opening to reach a 25 lb thrashing king. :lol: They are a good  durable net.

x3 on the Ranger. last time out on Lake O I brought mine along as my fishing buddy normally has a net on his boat that would be better suited for scooping bait from a tank and we were glad we did as we needed the extension on the handle and size of opening to reach a 25 lb thrashing king. :lol: They are a good  durable net.

Thanks Les,

Do you know the Ranger model # or can you point me to a link to order one?

Rick

Two seasons on my ranger net and it is beat to sh@#. The hoop is bent up and the netting is starting to break in a few spots. I did like the net but the durability seems suspect. I have landed quite a few large salmon in it but not enough to that I would think it should be in the shape it is in.

I have a ranger net since I started Salmon fishing on Lake Michigan 4 years ago.  In that it has netted over 1500 fish and has been cut multiple times when trying to get a fish out quickly with the hooks in the netting.  Countless newbies lifting fish straight up trying to bend the darn thing.  With all of that abuse, it just has a few zip ties in the the actual netting where we cut it and thats it.  Its not bent even wish lifting 25lb fish straight up.  Its not corroded even though we leave it out in the elements 8 months out of the year.  No issues with the netting except were we cut it.  Cant top that for durability.  

Guess the one I bought was a lemon because it's only seen a couple hundred fish and held up poorly. My back up net has seen more fish and looks new... and it was a lucky strike. Just didn't like the length of the handle and the depth of the basket. I agree that I have seen no corrosion even though it lives outside

Ranger. The octagonal, extendable handle is stiff and easily stored. We use them on our charter boats, netting hundreds of lake trout and salmon a year. They just keep on ticking. The netting is not easy on the fish, but that can be remedied if you need to.

Sent from my XT1585 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I have a ranger salmon sIze net too and I'm happy with it. Replaced bag last year with some genric bag not happy with that. Where can I get a good bag for a salmon size net?? I like the coated bags that are resistent tob hook penatration. Any advice please.