Boat for sale

oscarfish

Now you bring residing country into the discussion?  Dicks like you give American's a bad rep.  Thankfully I've met a ton of nice one's to not sway my opinion.

Jokes on you with your presidential choice if you want to get political.  Oh, should I insert the hahahahaha or lol in here?  Or for maturity, how about a gtfo?  Have a nice day.

Edited by hairybumcrack

I wasn't coming on here to stir crap but lowball offers should be sent on PM's.  Lowball not against NADA but what the seller is asking.  I've sold boats as a side business so I have an idea on what I'm talking about.

Edited by BlueEye

Having read this from the top Nlong27 and Deervalley never stepped over the line. Deer offered his opinion on that boat in Fla and since he lives there he has knowledge of what will work in that climate. Suggesting to Oscar to not bother bringing that boat to Fla is not out of line,just trying to help Oscar out. Nlong27 offering 10,000 on a boat that NADA has listed its avg retail at 9,000 with a trailer that is roadworthy is not out of line either .A survey will run him 500. that comes out of the buyers pocket. The radar and other gear not figured into NADA pricing along with the unknown engine hours vs the cost of transporting that boat to Fla which should require over width permits for about 10 states might run Oscar 3 -4grand to transport it. Hairybumcrack  telling Nlong27 that his offer was basically a insult was wrong ,going political, that had nothing to do with anything was over the line as well. Let Oscar respond if he thinks it was out of line. I do think it may have been better to PM the offer or inspect the boat first, then make offer. People can ask whatever they want for a boat and if too high may sit on it for years or they take whatever is reasonably offered and move on after weighing all there options. Good luck with the sale Oscar and have fun in Fla.! 

One other thing Deer failed to mention in his advice to Oscar, if his engine is raw water cooled the salt will destroy it in about a year or two, even if he flushes it out after every use. If its a closed system the engine will be good but you will be replacing the exhaust manifolds every 5 years or so.

Again another post of a fella trying to sell something and everybody and his brother gets involved.  I have never seen anything like this on other forums.  Everybody should keep the opinions to themselves if the item for sale isn't their own.  If you make an offer on something do it via P.M.  If the fella states he doesn't want to sell it off partially or whatever or in bits and pieces then fair enough.  It's like everyone is an expert.  Feel bad for the original poster.  He didn't ask for anyone's two cents but every one seems to want to give it.  Right or not.  Aren't there moderators here?

longbow........  simply trying to prevent another fisherman/boater from having expensive problems.... from 50 years of experience......do you have anything constructive to say ??  or simply are you not minding your own business. If you feel that bad for the original poster as you say.....    maby  buy his boat for the full asking price  and help him  out......... you did say you feel bad for him...........  Oh not that bad ?........ figured

Edited by deervalley27

DV27 You are say you are trying to give him advice well maybe he doesn't want it. The boat ain't yours, you are not selling it, I don't think he cares what you have to say, and I don't think much anyone here cares what you have to say.  You seem to stir the pot that is for sure.  Like I said in the beginning if you ain't buying it keep out of it.  Hard to believe a fella selling a boat has to deal with someone like you.  I am also sure anybody buying the boat would have a professional survey done as I did.  Just goes with  buying an older boat and especially PY's with open weep holes.  

I have owned two boats since I started fishing 4 years ago.  A Pro Line and a current Penn Yan Avenger.  The Avengers windows open all around and there is a nice fan on the dash of the boat.  I had an intellisteer put on it so I can sit on the back deck and tend lines.  There are side screens in the windows, slide side windows that are big and front windows that open out so when your trolling you get a good through breeze, in colder weather it has a cabin heater, maybe his boat has the same.  I am sure you could even put an a/c unit through the roof of the boat if someone so desired, I know other boats have them.  So there ya go.