How was your season? Slowest ever for me.

My early season was really good also, but the last 2 times out I've been skunked.  The weather hasn't cooperated either.  I don't drive the 5 hrs up unless I can get at least  3 good days fishing in a row during the week, and the blows have made that difficult last few weeks.

Had a couple good weeks in July at Point Breeze....the rest...mehhh!..no so much...water conditions haven't been the same past 3 years ago on the west end. Seems like a lot of unpredictable current, less well defined and consistent temp breaks on the surface. Certainly less fishing boat traffic this year than past at Point Breeze. Noted parking spaces even on holidays. Noted almost entirely empty parking by noon, everyone gone.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Always game in Niagara county. 2013 was last year of fin clipping pen fish. How many clipped fish did you see this year? I saw maybe 5-10? This was the year class of pen fish that were in their pens when all the south shore ports saw VHS/winter kill Gizzard Shad die-offs in spring. Pier fishing should be slooooow if those pen fish became infected. 😩😩

Edited by Gill-T

Always game in Niagara county. 2013 was last year of fin clipping pen fish. How many clipped fish did you see this year? I saw maybe 5-10? This was the year class of pen fish that were in their pens when all the south shore ports saw VHS/winter kill Gizzard Shad die-offs in spring. Pier fishing should be slooooow if those pen fish became infected. [emoji30][emoji30]

I caught 2 clipped fish, and over 60 naturals this year. I was speechless at the ratio. I assumed it would be about 50-50. Hope this trend continues so we don't have to worry about stocking in the future.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

I caught 2 clipped fish, and over 60 naturals this year. I was speechless at the ratio. I assumed it would be about 50-50. Hope this trend continues so we don't have to worry about stocking in the future.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

always the possibility that those fish you caught aren't pen fish but also aren't natural....ie stocked elsewhere.   As I understand the clipping game they were doing for the salmon river was finished a few years ago.   you may be catching hatchery fish earlier that were planning to end up further east eventually. 

2013 Haywire Crew couldnt go wrong. It was my 3rd year owning the boat and we were putting fish on the LOC boards and catching 5 to 6 fish each trip! Well we have struggled the last three. Granted i do not fish like I used to due to the Band getting married and Babys and myself included. But ya i dont know anymore. Glad me and my Boy are on the Pen Rearing Board for Orleans County but its tough. I got skunkd 3 out 7 trips this year and 2 out 5 last year. I think im a better fisherman than i was in 2013 but boy it dont show. None the less excited for huntin, snowmobiling holidays and then Pen Project! Keep your head up and your not alone.

Sent from my VS880 using Lake Ontario United mobile app