Owasco Lake

I had to entertain the family from Mass, (Hubbardston) for the weekend. So we fished from 7 till 1 and ended up with 2 browns, one rainbow and 7 lakers.The rainbow and the browns  came on 8 and 10 color leadcore with super slim lemon crush and orange crush and the lakers liked the dipsies with wonder bread flashers  and a-tom-mik green and white tournament flies. It was relaxing to be away from lake Ontario and fun to pull up to the dock at our cottage to have some coffee and then go out again.

But then came the big surprise. My son gave me 2 Berts ratcheting rodholders as a (belated) Birthday present.

Good luck to all the participants in next week's derby!

Edited by rolmops

X2 do you have 2 boats or one, if 2 which boats gets the awesome B-day gift??? LOL

I only have one boat at his point. It is an Islander and it is trailered a lot. So that is where the rod holders will go.

We were also on Owasco yesterday. Fished 6-2 ended up boating 8 out of 12. Took some Lakers on 5 leader rigs, but majority of fish came on leadcores. One nice 26 inch rainbow and lost another at the back of the boat. Pre fishing for next weeks tournament.

Gotta love it when someone gives you quality fishing gear for your birthday! You raised him right!

Gotta love it when someone gives you quality fishing gear for your birthday! You raised him right!

This was exactly my thought as well Cornelis :)