End of summer 2016

Adk1

Hard to believe summer is coming to an end. Never made it to lady o this year which bums me out. Time to break out the hunting implements and head to the woods. Finish getting the firewood stacked,the snowblower serviced and all the happy pre winter things completed.....

One of the great things since I quit hunting years ago is the fact that I often have the lakes pretty much to myself as the Fall rolls on and other than an occasional duck hunter dropping some shot into the boat things are pretty quiet and peaceful out there. :lol:

Firewood is my only heat source, burned in a 1980-ish Fisher wood stove. I have lots of yard work to do, firewood harvesting, and still have to butcher about 30 chickens this month (just a few a day). I made it to Lake Ontario 4 times, just to get the boat ready for next year (maintenance and gear prep). I hunt in my back yard, so that doesn't require much prep. I still plan to fish as late into the year as I can. Last year I fished on Christmas day, had the whole lake to myself  :lol: