LETS WORK OUT SOME BUGS....(hank help)

Hank, now the site is running smooth and ya gots lots of free time maybe you can get some bugs outa my boat, i have a Eagle seachamp 1000 CDF thingy when im trolling with main motor (io) i gets these little interference dots on my screen and have to stiffen my sensitivety thus showing less fish ,,,,,troller no problem ,,,,,,, ive tried seperate battery (12v motercycle) no change,, transducer is 16ish" from outdrive, I have not rerouted transducer cable and it does run near others from moter to dash. older 87 boat with points(should i stay with points or convert)ive figured what end of a screw driver to hold so points dont bother me too much ,,,Is electronic less interference?if i do reroute how much seperation from main wire bundle? Thats All (for now) Thanks Ray K. you can throw a heating question back at me if needed.. Im shure others can help , and have a bug or two for ya.

Ray not sure but this may help. When I put my new depthfinder in I was picking up noise for the outboard. I was told by someone to wire the depthfider direct to the battery and use a inline fuse. Then I would not need the fuse block. It worked...............

Ray The dots sounds like electrical problems to me(But what do I know :lol: )re route the wires from your FF away from all other wires going to your motor.and make sure you have it hooked up strait to the battery not to a fuse box with other things.That's where I would start.One other thing don't they sell spark plugs that will help that also?Hank can answer that ;) Good luck

I did try the direct hookup ,no change thats why i took it one step further to a seperate power source , by the way at least for these dots there was no difference if i powerd under dash,direct to batt ,or seperate pwr.just had another flashback, if im running myfishawk deep 100 ft plus i get irratic readings,, turn off fishfinder and get perfect signal,,,both transducers on same side of boat,, will seperation of units help ,, i can live with this problem as i dont leave probe down once I figure out currents and temps for that area and time.. jst curious if anyone else has had this prob and seperated units

Ray I don't own any of the equipment you speak of I have read posts on this problem on other sites as well as this one.So I know some of the problem is the ducers being so close the the units cross talk so you get the interfearence.When I had my old Ray jefferson temp probe My ff ducer was on one side and the temp probe ducer was on the other.I can't remember who but they posted the problem with the freq. There was also an issue with the VHF radio also.I'm just trying to help that's all ;)

I had the Fish Hawk along with my Lowrance LMS 350A and didn't have any interference issues. I mounted the transducers on opposite sides of the transom and (one of the tips in the FH install manual) on the fish hawk 'ducer, I angled it so that it follows the bottom edge of the boat rather than straight up and down. That way it would still receive the signal from the probe but was less likely to have issues with the Lawrance transducer. I had this same config on 2 differnt boats and it worked fine on both applications.

Tim

I had some trouble with my 104 LCX and the fish hawk. I sent the fish hawk back and they changed the frequency on which the transducer communicated with the unit and all the problems ended. I do have the transducers on opposite sides of the outdrive and both units wired directly to the battery. Although if I understand your description of the problem you say it only happens when the big motor is running but the problem clears up when only the small motor is running? If thats the case then resistor spark plugs and distributor wires may be needed to solve your problem. I would also check all motor to boat (if aluminum) ground wires along with grounds to outdrives along with your sacrificial anodes, this will really help with the boats negative ion output also. I know its a lot of work and time but it will be worth it to find the problem and you just might have your best year ever catching fish.

janz ,did all the grounding checks last year after the black box therory , and cleaned the zinc thingies on the outdrive,no change i'll chk the plugs ,new wires last year also,i even took a AM radio off channel and listened to spark tining to screen dots hard to tell due to delay of screen and signal, ,,,,,,,as far as changing hawk freq. i can live with that as i dont leave the probe down once i find temp and gps speed, ive heard of too many of them sitting on bottom..gonna move fish hawk trans. to center and f/f trans.to outside away from prop and outdrive .. Thanks Everyone