Cayuga 9/5.

lily

Fished today from 0830 to 1630 and had 2 fish to show for it. Fished. All water depths and used all colors and just could not get anything to work for us. Most bait was marked in 60 to 80 foot of water but marked very few fish with the bait. Alot of boat traffic today Wich was expected maybe had something to do with the dismal results. Had a hand full of short strikes but like said before only got 2 in the boat. Hey a tough day on the lake is better than a easy day at work. Best baits to day were black and white spoons with purple tape. Good luck out there. Boat ran rough this morning but smoothed out later in the day.

post-153282-14731131945554_thumb.jpg

post-153282-14731132112352_thumb.jpg

Sorry to hear you had slow  day  I was out today and actually had a pretty good day caught 9 Lakers 2 beautiful rainbows and 2 landlocks, all on a variety of lures from stinger  spoons to cowbells with spin n glows 120 fow down 50 to 90 ft launched out of Long Point trolled North

Edited by sr1bearcreek

Spent all weekend dragging the O wishing I was on Cayuga. Took one 8.6 laker and one 6lb brown. Couldn't get a king to save my but. Got into an argument with an old associate over how big the Atlantic's get in Cayuga. I said 10 to 12 lbs. He says 6 to 7. Childish fun ,but does anyone have pics.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I launched from Myers trolled up past The plant. Then motored north to Sheldrake and trolled back to myers on the west side. Maybe just wasn't my day for fishing. But had a good day anyway. Ran 2 divers and 2 down riggers at various depth with multiple lure changes just couldn't get anything to work. Didn't get skunked so all and all a good day.

Spent all weekend dragging the O wishing I was on Cayuga. Took one 8.6 laker and one 6lb brown. Couldn't get a king to save my but. Got into an argument with an old associate over how big the Atlantic's get in Cayuga. I said 10 to 12 lbs. He says 6 to 7. Childish fun ,but does anyone have pics.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Def 10- 12 lb Salmon in cayuga

Lily, I fish out of the same port and have the same findings.  Lots of bait 65-80fow with not a lot of fish around.  Saturday I trolled from The yacht club to T-park and it was 4 miles of nothing but bait.  We have been having more success over deep water 300-340.  We have been seeing some nice Rainbows coming our way lately too. 

Edited by vogel451

Hey thanks vogael. This is my 1 st trip this year that I didn't mark a ton of fish and my lowest catch rate this year to. I figured that it had some thing to do with boat traffic starring everything up. I have to imagine that it would maybe not though. Most of the .time I troll north out of Myers. Don't usally head south towards ithaca. I used to spend my summers with my grand father trolling out of kidders so I know the north water better. He used to rent a place from a guy named Bunny out be hind Omallys. We had a permanent camper up in that camp ground that's there now. One of the first ones back in the 80s.

what size divers? my walker divers would get me down way to deep at 220 out hahah... i had success on them this weekend at 90 and 105 out

The mag with big ring and heavy weight. And the 001 with ring. Both getting hit. Mag did the most. Probably 80 to 90 down. Usually where i hit bottom when fishing kings on big O. Fish were marking 30 to 130 down. 90 down on a rigger with flasher fly took one too. Chrome and green spinny and hammer fly. Also a protroll fish and chip green with mirage fly.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Lake Ontario United mobile app