Finally a decent day! I heard there was a good King bite in 60-90 fow to the west Sunday night, so this am I went in front of lake bluff and set up on a ne troll. The screen was lit right up in 55-70 fow, so we worked that pretty hard.

The fish were a bit slow to get going, but once we found them it was a steady pick the rest of the day. Our first hit was a good shot on a 150 Dipsy at about 930, which I'm sure was a salmon but we lost it. After that it was ALL brown trout. They wanted mag green and silver spoons on riggers and 10 color cores. A few really nice fish, with a bunch of small ones mixed in. We caught then between chimney bluff and east bay in 55-65. We ended up 8-10, with one jack King about 10 lbs (a male). Action was about 35-50 down.

post-143448-14731259918739_thumb.jpg

post-143448-14731260010281_thumb.jpg

I know there were kings mixed in, but they just didn't wanna go (par for the course lately). It was nice to have active Browns to give us some good action...

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

And yet yesterday in that same water, they wanted orange and my greens never fired once. 

GREEN flies however were going, especially off white/pearl glow Spindoctors.

Managed one 20 lb king, but there were a few other 20-30 kings done in that 45-60 fow yesterday.  Finished 3 for 4 on a solo trip, so I am not complaining.... but again, its not hot and heavy, my brown and king came in 5 minutes of each other, and then the next brown and the whatever I lost on the 10 color, came within 15 minutes of each other....  the other 7 hrs I never moved a rod! 

LOL