Short trip. Fished from about 9:00 until noon east of the bay. Went 2 for 2. One small Coho and one steelhead. Both came on a slider with the rigger set at 85' over 130 . The coho took a Stinger NBK ant the Steelhead a blue and silver Blade runner ( Sammy Pac). Had good temp down 75 to 95 feet but couldn't find the big ones.

7am till 11.

SAME THING. MUST HAVE SEEN U ,BROWN & WHITE PENN YAN.NO TAKERS . A SCREEMER IN 110' TOOK 110' OF LINE BEFORE IT BROKE. BUMMER! 25LB TEST ?BUT THAT WAS IT .GOOD LUCK & I'LL BE GIVING HER ANOTHER SHOT BEFORE THE WEEKEND IS OVER.GIVE ME A SHOUT , BAKERS DOZEN , ON #8. LOVE TO HEAR THE CHATTER.

Pat.

Bakersdozen....I was next to you several times today...I am the TerrPenn , also a 21' penn yan...blue.....

the temp line was definitely set at 75' - 55degrees, 80' -50 degrees

and colder below that.....

We were 2 for 4 nice brown, and skipper made it in the boat. One "no-one home" and a sevre rip on the wire out 260' that has my green spin doctor green krinkle fly......he can have it...it was worth it to see the face of the newbie I had on the boat that grabbed the rod......you would have thought hed had hooked a whale....priceless....

I was on channel 68 for a while....i should check 8 every once in a while

Hey Rick... Fished 6 - 9:30 160 - 210 near braddocks... nice screen in the 165 range fish, bait, fish on bait.. Only had one knock off... on the wire with and NBK... Riggers down 70 - 90 .. I must be missing something to have that many fish on the screen and not get 'em to go..

Frank, I saw your boat was out but you must have been back in when I tried to call you. I didn't see much on the fish finder but I have my doubts that it's working right. There weren't any boats around me but I was finding temps from 42 to 52, 75 to 95 down so I stayed in the area. I probably won't be back out until next weekend so who knows what I'll find then.

Sorry I missed you... Your 42 to 52 temps confirm what I think I've been

doing wrong.. fishin to high... I've been targeting the 52 and up temps with

not much luck.. Speed 2.1 - 2.5... It's true, ya never stop learning in this trolling game.

Frank,

So, Jerry really hasn't told you all of his secrets yet?!? I've been down an engine for a month battling a coolant issue, hopefully getting resolved today and plan on being out Sat and Sun this weekend... we'll see!

Hans,

I'm not holdin' my breath waiting for all the secrets, but very thankful

that I'm still fishin' with 'em 40 years later. Spendin' more time on

the water than ever though this year, tryin' to learn. Me thinks

maybe I'm spending too much time trying to target optimal speed

and temp rather than searchin a little higher, a little lower than temp

and experimenting with faster and slower speeds. Not sure you ever

figure this game out completely, but it sure is fun tryin'.

Good luck with the engine and fishin' this weekend...

I'll be fishin' with Jerry at the Sodus ProAm Fri, Sat, Sun.

Frank,

Good luck this weekend. Temp is always a guide as to where to start, but fish the screen and change directions... the lake is like a big stream, presentation is everything some days and being 10 degrees offcourse can be the difference. You can never try enough stuff every day, that's what keeps us coming back for more!