familiar bite?

It's whole alewives. dipped right here out of Lake O. I started using it last year, since the cut bait became scarce and it worked well for me.

I still have some in the freezer, but I'll probably get some more before the summer is over.

Tim

Yeah basically it's a twinkie rig. Great Lakes Tackle Supplies calls em daisy chains, but really the same thing. They also have a special head that the whole alewife head fits into, but they don't seem to currently have em up for sale on their website www.gltsupplies.com maybe e-mail em and see if they are going to be available soon.

you can also rig em up without a head with a double slide hook rig (easier to show than explain) as long as you get the right bend in the alewife to get the proper roll.

Tim

A friend of mine Gary who fishes Lake Michigan has a online store at http://www.bigweeniebrand.com/ He sells whole bait rigs along with flies, tapes, lots of neat stuff. I've been using his stuff for years with great success. Gary is a great guy...a pleasure doing business with.

Him and his wife rescue weiner dogs hence the name. Check out his website...you won't regret it www.bigweeniebrand.com

Sully

• 2 weeks later...

Mike;

Here's the FAMILIAR BITE bait rigged in our custom designed (for our whole alewives) FAMILIAR BITE baithead. This is the same whole bait rig Todd Choate's wife Carrie, used to win the "GRAND PRIZE WINNER", 2008 Summer LOC Derby. This is and always was a whole bait system, designed speciffically for our whole alewives. Feel free to shoot me an e-mail if more information is need.

Get the "BIG ONE" with FAMILIAR BITE!

Fish Pistol

gx_cXWr.jpg