Fall LOC derby fishing - Rochester

What a great weather we ve had during the Fall LOC derby!

I was fortunate to go out fishing everyday the past two weeks.

It has been slow fishing during the last weekend of August. After three days of zero catches, we have finally dialed in with the kings and Browns around the water off Rochester.

The Kings were found in 40 to 85 fow. Browns are plenty everywhere easy and west of ibay. We have went as far as 450' however I can verify that there are not enough fish to be found. The fish were always right in front of us!!!post-140030-14731897958142_thumb.jpgpost-140030-14731898163216_thumb.jpgpost-140030-14731898254455_thumb.jpgpost-140030-14731898451857_thumb.jpgpost-140030-14731898606075_thumb.jpg

Fishing has picked up for the last part of the labor day weekend. Not as fast as furious however we worked very hard in the area where bait balls are crowded with hooks in 40 to 80 fow.

Most of the Kings are under 25# whole the biggest brown we took reached 12.11#. Dipsey and riggers with atomik flies took most hits from the kings. It was all spoon bites for browns with evil eyes and bright colored lures. A big 12#  brown took the cut bait - go figure Even the dipsey 35' out took hit with 22# king. Slow troll was the key with landing the mature kings.

It is amazing out there.

I want to thank my fellow buddies for fishing with me: Chris Momot, Captain Larry Hammond and Barry Haywood.

Tight lines!

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Edited by Pike Hunter

Hey good buddy - as always it was great fishing with you once again this year. Despite very tough conditions through reports around the lake, you stuck with a plan and put meat on the deck. You were extremely generous every time we went out - never asking for a penny for gas or tackle.

LOU friends - Anthony is a great captain and great friend and I've learned a ton from him over the years. Every time I go out with him I learn something new.

Thanks again bud - great times, great times!! BTW - I thought it's Barry "600 copper" Hayward.....not Haywood....lmao!!!

Cheers,

Moe