Otisco lake water levels

justtracytrolling

I hate to say it but in my opinion the lake has become to low to launch and load for anyone with a deep vee. You can still do it as of today but by the weekend you will be putting your boat at risk. Several boats have already had issues...most of them avoidable, but issues none the less. This is just a heads up...not saying the launches are closed...just hate to see someone due any damage.

Lake is still dropping... campground launch is very low and I'd be super careful if you choose to launch there...I can no longer even pull my boat with my trailer as the bunks on my pontoon trailer won't even get wet...I'll keep fishing till it comes back up!

Justin Okrepki

NYSDEC licensed guide #7324

otiscolakeguideservice.com

• 3 weeks later...

The campground launch is all but closed and all of the boats have been pulled from the slips. The other launch at the marina still has a little water but be very careful as there are submerged stumps to negotiate getting from marina to the lake. I had made my last trip yesterday and I have cancelled my remaining dates. Lake is still dropping an inch a day....

Justin Okrepki

(607)-349-1750

The campground launch is all but closed and all of the boats have been pulled from the slips. The other launch at the marina still has a little water but be very careful as there are submerged stumps to negotiate getting from marina to the lake. I had made my last trip yesterday and I have cancelled my remaining dates. Lake is still dropping an inch a day....

Justin Okrepki

(607)-349-1750

Our local lake is way down at least 30-40 foot of shore line showing, the loading dock sit flat on the ground. Only little aluminumm boats are able to back way out beyond the docks, I can't because there is a 10" lip from were the forms for the pad end, I'll tear an axle out. Hope it gets better before the ice comes.

Justin Okrepki

(607)-349-1750

Did you get your boat out ? If not need help just give me a yell.....

I have Shane at the campground do everything anymore. My boat saw extremely heavy use this year and I had him pull my boat wash it, service it and put it back every 2 months. I'm having it stored indoors there as well so basically I'm probably gonna sell my trailer as it's brand new still and I don't have time to fish anywhere else during season. Shane has fair pricing and my boat is always fixed same day and back in my slip. If you are camping there and you break down on the water he comes out gets you and immediately fixes your boat and bingo your trip isn't ruined. I've seen him get up at 6 am on a Sunday to get someone out fishing that broke down Saturday night late.

Justin Okrepki

(607)-349-1750