What in the world is this!?!?

ontherise

Bro, this friggin thing is quite the contraption, its got gears in it!!! If I pull the string that hangs off the back the propeller spins. I'm waiting for to sing a nursery rhyme or some sht.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

I think it pulls the lure closer to the ball then lets it flutter back.  I saw it on a West coast inland Salmon fishing show years ago. 

Ok they makes sense, it's called down jigger. So I would assume it connects to the rigger ball somehow. I won't dare try it. Looks like it could be a nightmare waiting to happen.

I've seen that down jigger many moons ago (2003) at the Harrisburg Sportsman's Show. They had a working model in their display. What a sight to see.  8)

Blow back was never mentioned... :shake:

Yep, the Down Jigger.  These retailed for a pretty penny in the 90's when I worked at B and E.  They spent more of their lives on the shelf than in the water.  Does it have the parachute still?

A propeller would turn with the troll which would wind up the string and pull the parachute in.  After it reached it's end, it would pop the parachute would cause your lure to slow way down and flutter.  The propeller would then speed up the lure toward the "fish".  

I don't see a parachute, but there are two or three different colored shells and a few other various parts. I don't think I'll use it. Seems like a hassle to me. I have a hard enough time running what I have, adding this could make me go bonkers!. Thanks for the replies.