All the Cool Kids are Doing it

That's right, all the cool kids are fishing the Lure for a Cure fishing derby coming up on Saturday September 10th at Summerville on the Genesee River.  

This event is a warm for big things to come in Rochester NY next season.  This is an amazing cause and it will be so much fun.

If nothing else, bring your families and have fun fishing on the breakwall.  There's fish!!!!  Plenty and there's food, drinks and prizes. 

There will be members of the Genesee Charter Boat Association there to help you with advice, helping kids to learn to fish, baiting hooks and taking fish off the hook.  There's fabulous prizes too.  

Please open the link and respond to this.  Call Eric or email him to let him know that you're interested.  

I will be taking some of my students.  Lure for A Cure!  All the cool kids are doing it!!!!  Are you cool?

Hello again.  This event will be a ton of fun and a great chance to fish for a cause.  Please spread the word about this derby.  If you like fishing carp, come on down.  You can fish a huge stretch of the river and lake side of the Summerville pier.   There's kings staging out there and a very good chance that some will be within casting distance this Saturday, if not, already.  We popped 'em in only 40' on Monday within eyesight of the Summerville pier head.

Also, the Genesee Charter Boat Association met last night for our monthly meeting.  We are actively planning a much larger event for 2017 for the Port of Rochester.   For all you anglers who fish out this way, show your support for this event by showing up and fishing.  Many anglers have talked about Rochester NOT having a Pro/Am or smaller tourney like the other harbors on the lake for a few years.  The American Cancer Society is offering us a chance to do it!  Anyone interested?  Suggestions?  I'm open for anything in the interest of spreading our sport and getting kids involved.  Tight Lines!!! Capt. Larry

• 3 weeks later...