Unlikely catch and unbelievable story.

I took my oldest nephew fishing this past Saturday. We both woke up early and were on the water before 6. After dropping the first few he started getting the hang of fighting the fish and was really doing well.

After about an hour the right right took a ferocious rip. He battled the fish for several minutes then POP line breaks! At this point we were both pretty disheartened but kept fishing hoping for some better luck. We proceeded to troll STRAIGHT for another 15-20 minutes when the same rigger fires. The fish was immediately at the surface and gave up as if it was exhausted.

This is when things get interesting. I netted a solid 25 inch bow with 2 spoons in her mouth! That same fish came back for more and ate again. Different spoon, different depth and hundreds of yards from the first hit. Needless to say we couldn't believe it and he hasn't stopped telling that story since.

Here's a photo of my dad with that fish later in the day. Really wish I would have snapped a picture of both spoons in her mouth.

post-149977-14732031907268_thumb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Alex, you sure it wasn't my spoon!!!!!  :yawn:  After all, we do think alike......but seriously.... I broke on 2 good bows in that area the last 2 weeks, all that jumping and running. they have been swallowing them, and the teeth have been crushing my lines, been re-tying after each encounter. Great story, as I said to ya this week end.......Dialed in.

Alex, you sure it wasn't my spoon!!!!! :yawn: After all, we do think alike......but seriously.... I broke on 2 good bows in that area the last 2 weeks, all that jumping and running. they have been swallowing them, and the teeth have been crushing my lines, been re-tying after each encounter. Great story, as I said to ya this week end.......Dialed in.

I'm constantly cutting and re-tying too. I'm tempted to switch to heavier floro leaders. 12lb with a drag that is to tight can be bad news.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

amazing they can feed that aggresivly one day and the next you cant buy a bite. The effort that fish must have gone through with a lure hanging out of its mouth after a fight to go that far and feed again and still jump.  gotta love a healthy bow

Great Job!! Thanks for sharing! Here's mine: Years ago w/ Young son bringing in his 1st good king on a rigger hit. Fish was hot and right behind the boat fast!! I've got the net out and thinking to myself don't f###k this up. Fish flies right thru the port rigger wire like we're standing still and bolts towards the diver rod. I actually saw my son's line snap on the rigger wire which jolted the fish for a sec. Instinctively I stuck the net in the water on the port side and after breaking the line the Fish turns real, real fast & swims right into the net making  DAD THE HERO.   the end. (even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in awhile)

That's awesome, what a thing to happen to a youngster, let alone an adult, I bet he was all smiles from ear to ear!! Congrats to a once in a lifetime happening!!!