how about a little respect

I went fishing out of henderson this past monday and tuesday  took a couple hour break from fishing midday was approached by a navel servicemen out on leave and trying to do a little fishing .He was clearly new to fishing and went to henchens tackle shop seeking a little advice and some tackle. upon asking a few questions the guy working at henchens very rudely said to him your a sailor and have plenty of money just go hire a charter . The young servicemen was clearly  upset about it and after he showed me the tackle they sold him they clearly had no intention of helping him neither.  I myself went in there a week earlier experienced similar behavior.  I felt the need to make this post as I was really bothered by the fact that a member of our military was treated so poorly, as they are the last people that should ever get disrespected.

Fro now on I will be going to Fat Nancys where they are more than willing to answer my questions and sell me the proper tackle to get catch fish.  I suggested the sailor do the same.  You may also want to consider this as I caught 4 Kings on the tackle I bought there.

Thank you to all of our service men and women for your sacrifices.

I'll tell ya right now, I don't plan on going to henchens any time soon. If your not a charter they could care less. Unfortunately most businesses up here are looking to cash in on service members... Only thing your gonna catch on those charters is lakers anyways lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Disrespecting our service men and ladies there's no excuse period!!! I've been dealing with Henchens for 20+ years also, I've never been treated like that. I would have to say they had a stand in that didn't know Jack shyt. Those guys sell to charters all the time. I hope I'm wrong, and it wasn't the owners!!!

Disrespecting our service men and ladies there's no excuse period!!! I've been dealing with Henchens for 20+ years also, I've never been treated like that. I would have to say they had a stand in that didn't know Jack shyt. Those guys sell to charters all the time. I hope I'm wrong, and it wasn't the owners!!!

there is no excuse to disrespect a customer regardless what their job is 

John ( the owner at Henchens) Is a great guy.he has always been super nice and helpful. I guess like any business there is always someone who has a bad experience.

Capt. Michael Weaver. Pure Fishing Ambassador

I'll tell ya right now, I don't plan on going to henchens any time soon. If your not a charter they could care less. Unfortunately most businesses up here are looking to cash in on service members... Only thing your gonna catch on those charters is lakers anyways lol.

Well as a first mate on a charter boat and reading your reports all summer lake trout is something you might want to start fishing for. Lake trout saves our ass up here especially since we don't get the consistent salmon action all year. Don't try and take a blow at ppl trying to make a living up here. Keep to the post topic.

Well as a first mate on a charter boat and reading your reports all summer lake trout is something you might want to start fishing for. Lake trout saves our ass up here especially since we don't get the consistent salmon action all year. Don't try and take a blow at ppl trying to make a living up here. Keep to the post topic.

its a complete joke driving by and seeing your tables full of lakers lol. I can't even give lake trout away. If lake trout saves your arse there's a problem there first mate lol.

I have had the same experiences with Henchen's as many others who have posted... and I've given them a number of chances over the last several years.  Never again.  If you aren't one of the dozens of charter boats that come through the store, you aren't anybody.  You won't get the attention, kind advice, or service you deserve and expect.  They exist to support the charters... 

I shop at Fat's and All Season's on the way up.  Better selection anyway.

Edited by FleetTracker

its a complete joke driving by and seeing your tables full of lakers lol. I can't even give lake trout away. If lake trout saves your arse there's a problem there first mate lol.

A complete joke? were paid to take ppl out and catch fish. The salmon don't always cooperate, so if you have 4 or 5 guys on the boat, you try and make sure everyone catches a fish. When a kid is full of smiles when he catches a lake trout than guess what I'm happy as hell with that lake trout!

Fats and all season are great shops too. A year ago there was a giant post about fats ripping off someone via their internet order. It was a misunderstanding and was resolved. Every business has issues or bad experiences. If you don't like the place just don't go there, no need to try to bad mouth them via social media. The best thing is to just tell the business how you feel and be done

Wow. This thread took a turn. Lol

When I am out there on a slow day, I certainly will welcome the bend of a rod from a laker which incedently seems to put a smile on everyone's face anyways.

Screaming kings are great, but this is fishing...fun is fun

Sent from my SM-G900V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Fats and all season are great shops too. A year ago there was a giant post about fats ripping off someone via their internet order. It was a misunderstanding and was resolved. Every business has issues or bad experiences. If you don't like the place just don't go there, no need to try to bad mouth them via social media. The best thing is to just tell the business how you feel and be done

I tend to disagree, if a public organization makes a mistake, it become public. In this situation, a service member was treated with such disrespect someone decided to complain.

If They could call 1-800 henchens leave a message I don't care line I'm sure they would, but a public fishing forum, customers that frequent the establishment, this is the best option... And if he was wrong the peanut gallery would have stopped him shortly after, but instead there seems to be a pattern...

Ok I'm done with it but the guy bought some stuff so he wasn't that offended. If I felt offended at Arby's I'm not walking out with a handful of roast beef. I'm saying my peace to the place and not returning

Well said Mike and with that I think it's time to put this to rest ;)