New Boat!

mmdrevo

The wife and I decided to upgrade from our 17 foot CC that has served its purpose very well. That being said we will be picking the new to us rig in a few days and was wondering if any other former, current Proline owners can chime in with advice on rigging it for trolling. Here is a shot of the new boat: 

post-160065-0-58998300-1473526458_thumb.jpg

We just purchased X 2 Scotty 1106 Electric down riggers. Looking at a kicker motor suitable for this size of boat (21 feet). We are not opposed to using a trolling bag or a plate however I have heard that the steering of the vessel will suffer if one is used. Included in my growing list is a newer depth finder / chart plotter as well. We appreciate any advice, pitfalls or opinions on setting this up. 

Mike & Cristina 

I am running the 25' version of that same hull. Mine is an IO with a 5.7 Merc pushing it. I have a swim platform, and the boat doubles as a family craft, so a kicker is out of the question right now. I use two large trolling bags for walleye fishing, and am really happy with it. A lot of people bang on Prolines, but you see a lot of them out there. Some say they are a harsh ride. I say slow down a bit in the chop and they ride just fine. I especially like the fact there is no wood in their construction. The glass encased foam is sturdy and long lasting. In terms of setting up for trolling, you should have buss bars inside the transom to connect your electric riggers. The various water pumps are there as well. The IO version is a little right to work on back there, but the OB version looks like it has a ton of space.

There are some Proline owners on here that may chime in as well. Overall, I am very happy with my 1997 231 WA.

Matt

Sent from my XT1585 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I have a 97 251wa and love the boat! We have a kicker and it works well for salmon and walleye fishing. I really like keeping the hours off the main engines. 60" traxstech tracks each side and 6 inch tracks for the riggers. If you want some other pics pm me. Congrats on a great boat !

post-151111-0-48113400-1473612527_thumb.jpg

I have a 97 251wa and love the boat! We have a kicker and it works well for salmon and walleye fishing. I really like keeping the hours off the main engines. 60" traxstech tracks each side and 6 inch tracks for the riggers. If you want some other pics pm me. Congrats on a great boat !

Thats a really nice set up you have! The tracks for the riggers are the route we will take. Probably going to be 48 inch tracks for our rod holders. Thanks!