October

jbrandt

Generally, what is the latest you guys fish for salmon out of Olcott?   I am guessing through late October at least, the fish would move back out into the lake during daytime.  I want to plan at least one more trip before the season ends  Thanks guys! 

usually come late october mature salmon are up stream , off shore fishing two year old salmon and steel heads . caution is the word as the lake can be mean as the season is changing and most boats have been put up of their winter hibernation 

Generally, what is the latest you guys fish for salmon out of Olcott?   I am guessing through late October at least, the fish would move back out into the lake during daytime.  I want to plan at least one more trip before the season ends  Thanks guys! 

Still some good fishing to be had. It's late this year because of the warm water. Late October will be pushing it, the mature fish will have found somewhere suitable to run and spawn by then and the offshore situation becomes sketchy mid October. Not only does the water usually "homogenize" by then, but the wind becomes much more of an issue. I think through the first week in October you should see some action and we will be there too. 

Thanks guys.   It sounds like October is too late.   We are gonna make it out another time or two in September.   For us in Erie, Walleye fishing doesnt heat up until october.   If any of you need info on Eyes on Eris in the fall feel free to contact me.   I have chartered and been fishing eyes in the fall for over 20 years and know them inside and out.   We are gonna try to head up to Olcott in the next couple weeks for a trip or two.  Any further info would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks again! 

I was going to ask the same question. This is my first year on Lake Ontario Salmon Fishing. I have also seen or read  where you can fish the Niagara Bar through November and December, so maybe that is an option? Put the boat in at Niagara Park? My buddy is coming from Idaho to deer hunt and I would like to take him fishing too. I am interested in the walleye on erie too, as I actually live closer to lake erie small boat harbor. We went to erie 7 times this summer, from Catt Creek, Sturgeon Point, and Small Boat Harbor. NO LUCK AT ALL!!!   So I shifted to LO and got some salmon and steelhead.