Muskies Inc. Tournament Raffle Tables

Gents,

I was able to participate in the Muskies Canada Gananoque Chapter Outing this weekend and it was a blast! The raffle table there was worth thousands of dollars with all of the awesome baits that were donated and it got me thinking that we as a club really should consider putting more effort into our tournament raffle tables and/or early entry prize give aways to A.) promote more entries and B.) reward those who do purchase raffle tickets and participate in tourneys with an assortment of quality baits/prizes. If it weren't for guys like Bob Solly, Toothy, or Zach always going out of their way to provide a majority of the baits we really wouldn't have much available at the end of some of the most recent tournaments for raffle! 

After talking with some of the chapter members of Muskies Canada I learned that a majority of those baits on the raffle table were purchased and donated by members as opposed to just relying on asking for donations from bait companies/makers and I think this is something we can all do to help enhance our tournaments. Now this doesn't mean everyone needs to go out and spend big $$$ on baits to throw in but hell a few bucks here or there in the off season towards a couple standard baits, terminal tackle equipment, line, etc...whatever you feel generous enough to donate and by the time the tournaments start rolling around we have some nice schwag to raffle off or offer as early entrance incentive! 

Is this something everyone would be interested in doing? It can be anything from donating a pack of stay-lok snaps, split rings, a spool of power pro all the way to the $$$$ baits from the big-time builders. 

I'd love to hear some more opinions on this, tight lines everyone

Great idea mike.... Also keep in mind we still have a Lakewood box with few lures in it to work with too... It wound up back in my basement!!

Release tools bundled together,safety equipment,maybe even a gallon of 2cycle oil!!! I got a gallon last year off the ganny table(evinrude oil to boot).What about taking a page out of their draw and space out the big ticket items( Ofcourse if they don't mind us using their idea).Its a great format.Otisco, Chautauqua are our best turnouts and the banquet we could beef up to get more people to attend??

• 1 month later...

I'll donate this.attachicon.gifIMG_1473902458.320814.jpgit's a Hoosier handmade painted by Zach. Says "ny musky 69" on it. I bought it in an auction while drinking. But i am too old,too weak and have too much arthritis to use it.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

I donated that bait to the table at the Mark Troy tourney.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Thank you for posting this Ronix, idk how many more raffle tables I am gonna throw down on anymore, the club never got me the award I was promised for being the "so called man of the year" among other things so I am feeling i have done more than enough so far. It's also one of the reasons I haven't renewed my membership.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Lake Ontario United mobile app