If you ask me, most of the shaker Chinook look pretty healthy to me; none looked starved to me this summer.

True enough!..in terms of what we catch, they all look healthy indeed. The ones we don't catch might have starved, but in context, I was really speaking figuratively, and by no means meant the fish that I caught looked that way. I just think the reason they are so voraciously grabbing a large spoon is that they are used to seeing large alewife and probably would think the target was an easy meal compared to the chase they give to the real thing!..like an infant trying to eat steak!..sort of..

Sent from my SM-N900P using Lake Ontario United mobile app

we're gonna hit the bar monday. hope the fish have returned. heard east wind past week moved em off bar, i'm sure some went up river. now we've had 2-3 days of west wind and hoping the great fishing thats been at the bar this fall can return for our final trip of the year!! we'll see what lady O gives us!

Was out today in the morning and evening. What a tough tough bite out there in front of olcott, fished anywhere from 25 fow to 120 fow marked lots of fish but could not get them to bite for the life of me. Ended up with one 3 lb King in 130 fow this morning nothing this evening saw one hook up and that's all. I'm stumped

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Was out today in the morning and evening. What a tough tough bite out there in front of olcott, fished anywhere from 25 fow to 120 fow marked lots of fish but could not get them to bite for the life of me. Ended up with one 3 lb King in 130 fow this morning nothing this evening saw one hook up and that's all. I'm stumped

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

We fished 8-11 am yesterday, caught two both in a small pocket in 113 ft of water, tried in close with jplugs and flasher flies in 30-50 ft nothing and no marks so we pushed north till we found some marks on bottom and fished em. 100 rigger and 275 wire both on FF. 

We fished the Bar on monday. Dropped  my son off at school at 9am.Setting rods at the dropoff at 10am. We fished till 2:15. Had 6 bites, put 5 matures in boat. We stayed close to border  in 70 to 110fow. Ran 4 wire divers all with FF and 2 riggers with big flashers and meat.Spinny white double crush glow with no seeum fly was best. Biggest King  about 25lbs. One dark mature was only about 12lbs. Gorgeous day to be on lake!! Thats gonna end our season, can't wait for spring!!

• 2 weeks later...