When is the Best Day to Fish?

Does your season catch, match this calendar?

Farmers' Almanac's Best Days to Fish Calendar is based on the phase of the moon, the zodiac sign the moon is in, and experience. Local conditions, tides, and weather may affect your fishing.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=3&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjMn-OK8ZLPAhVB4CYKHV6yD1IQFggoMAI&url=http%3A%2F%2Ffarmersalmanac.com%2Fcalendar%2Ffishing%2F&usg=AFQjCNFBB4UpCt39KIRU4GPpRxyRHhMUOw

Edited by ITS A FISHAL

It seems the almanac has more poor days than anything else. I never looked at that before. I occasionally look @ solunar calendar. My season has been fair to good. I fish twice a week and this entire year I had maybe 3 days being skunked. It's my first year w/boat and still learning these bodies of water. It's been a challenge. So my success has come from study, planning, tips.

Can't tell you how many times I have a plan going in and the weather or water conditions forces a change in technique. Went to honeyoe lake a few weeks ago and fisshed in pea soup conditions and still caught fish. I personally believe there are always active fish or "neutral" fish that can be turned on through reaction type tactics in any weather condition. It's up to me to 1st find them, put something in front of them they will eat or change the way it is presented, and discover the pattern.

To summarize, man made the calendar, the calendar doesn't make the man. We can overcome intangibles through study and experience. There are always active fish somewhere. Some days we just have to work a little harder.

Edited by moonfish