New Mercury Outboard w/ Troll Control

Prof T

Looking for opinions on Mercury's Smart Craft Troll Control for their large four stroke outboards.

I'm planning to repower a 30 year old aluminum Sea Nymph 19.5 footer. Motors are Evinrudes -  90 VRO and a 9.9 longshaft. The bottom line is that I always thought I go with a Yamaha 90 or 115 and new 4 stroke kicker till is saw the new Merc.

Troll Control is an electronic function of their smart gauge that allows the operator to set engine RPM from 1000 down to as low as 450 on the main motor in 10 RPM increments. From what I've read, it's not a problem for the engine because it's fuel injected, has a pressurized lubrication system and the cooling system is designed to provide adequate flow at that speed.

Looks to me to provide an all in one option for the old walleye catching beast! Boat is all rigged, has the canvas I want, is solid and safe, and has all of the options I think I need. Can't see spending extra money if I don't need to.

Anybody running one or have an opinion?

I have troll control on my Yamaha 70. It does 50 rpm increments starting at 650 rpm and going up to 900 rpms. I can bump it out of troll control above that. The throttle handle is challenging to adjust to do minor increases at 900+ but possible. The Troll Control is so good I could have skipped adding a kicker motor if I wanted. I am a big troll control fan.